Costco Winehunter (Updated): 2007 Match Butterdragon @ $35

Two cases worth here in DFW area for $27.99 a bottle. Pretty attractive pricing for a ten year old Napa Cab that has pretty good provenance, I would assume.

Too bad Randy evidently had to dump his inventory at rock bottom prices on the wholesale market.

Good price. The wine ages nicely. Yes, sorry to see Match go. Was one of my favorites for the price. Have a lot of Match to last a while.

Bill, any idea which Costco?

Wow. I wish he would have offered these to his mailing list at those prices.

I bet the wholesale price was under $20.

Still priced @ ~ $45 per 750 on the website.

I thought Costco marked up items no more than 14%, which would put wholesale right around $24.

Right, but Randy had to sell it to Glazer’s or Southern for under that.

Gotcha.

I take it because there’s a mandated use of 3-tier in TX?

Yup.

I would guess distributor dump

Never seen Match at retail in Tx before, so I don’t know.

Randy shut down the winery, and BerserkerDay was his last ‘public’ sale, apparently, with the rest of the inventory going to various distributors, one would assume. Great juice. Glad I bought at BerserkerDay but wish I bought more.

Just checked Cellartracker, and over the years, I’ve apparently purchased 159 bottles of Match cab. Whoa!

Tex’s Costco kicks my Costco’s ass. I get excited when we get Cameron Hughes in stock.

Woo.

We also just got a bunch of 2010 Baroli from Conterno Fantino, Scavino, etc.

The last time I went, I was excited because we had the 2013 and 2014 vintages of Dr L Riesling in stock.

Not quite the same.

still can - their website is still up and running.

Wow, good news for those who can! Me, I’m on mega-freeze, as we’re buying a house, so there will be NO wine spending for a while.

That is an incredible deal. I love this wine.