Recent stuff

2014 ESJ, Syrah, Barsotti Ranch - in the style of Beaujolais, very low alcohol, fresh, lively.
2014 Cruse Wine, St. Laurent - even lower alcohol, sous bois, bright fruit, charming
2014 Cruse Wine, Valdiguie Pet. Nat. - playful and happy, also low alc., quite good
1999 Lafarge, Volnay 1er - serious, layered, grippy and not yet ready
2012 Sella and Mosca, Torbato, Alghero - with dinner at La Ciccia and excellent with the cuisine
2014 Terrane, Carignane (sans soufre) - fruit filled, fresh, medium textured, quite long
2014 Dirty and Rowdy, Mourvèdre Especial - f*cking great, desert island wine
2006 Overnoy, Arbois-Pupillan rouge - in a good place, peaceful, charming, elegant, layered.
Best, Jim

Not quite your usual eloquence Jim, but spot on nevertheless. [cheers.gif]

what does low alcohol mean exactly?

Ah, you’ve tracked down The Unicorn!

Miss your notes. Been too busy lately to post, or the California climate making you lazy?

Somehow I think that ESJ will put on some palate weight with time. Many of Steve’s recent wines have struck me as Beaujolais-esque on release, but they settle in to a more expected range with a few years in bottle. The recent Rocks & Gravel releases have all done that, as have some of the recent Syrahs (though there has not been a Barsotti in a long time).

Is that Terrane wine from Harrington? Do you know the vineyard source?

Terrane is Harrington; source unknown.
Low alcohol is 12’s and under.
The ESJ doesn’t need to gain weight for me but you’re probably right.
Sorta busy.
Best, Jim

Drew, this is the vineyard - Lover’s Lane just north of Ukiah: Lover’s Lane – Harrington Wines
Organically-farmed head-trained Carignane vines planted in the 1930s.