Best sub $150 white Burg experience?

For argument’s sake, let’s say you’re looking to spend no more than $150 on a single bottle of white Burgundy. It’s your choice as to the producer/vineyard/vintage. Also, please make sure this price reflects what you can easily source in the current market. Thanks!

Others have more experience than I do, but my vote would be for top-tier Chablis: Raveneau Montee de Tonerre or Dauvissat Clos/Preuses in a recent vintage.

In the Cote de Beaune, some of my favorites are Ramonet Ruchottes, Boillot CC and Mouchere, Bouchard CC, Sauzet Combettes, and I’m sure others that I’m forgetting. All come in well under the $150 limit.

I would suggest a Roulot liex dit Meursault, Boillot Clos de la Mouchere or a PYCM Premier Cru.

Chablis.
Best, Jim

Ryan,
Boillot Corton sub $150 in the States? You guys are living the dream!

Any Puligny 1er from Sauzet. I like Champ Canet quite a bit. 07 should be great now assuming no premox.

If you look hard enough. Actually that one doesn’t meet his “widely available” criterion, but you can usually find it for $160 if not $150.

DeMontille PM Caillerets

Raveneau Butteaux and Dauvissat Clos

Pycm meursault 1er. Anyone you can find for under $150.

Actually fairly easy. I’ve yet to pay over $120 on release. 2011 release was sub $90!!

P.s. Selling some boillot cc for under $150 on commerce corner :wink:

$25 Chablis and then buy a nice red with the extra $125.

Paul Pernot BBM! One of the best (and under-rated) producers for the price.
Boillot Pucelles and Clos de la Mouchere are also good choices . . . his Corton used to be under $125.

Coche Dury at Aupres de Clocher. It’ll cost you a few grand to get over there though.

Paul Pernot
Billaud-Simon

something properly aged

I had Fichet Meursault Le Tesson 2007 that was really exceptional and it was ~$100, which certainly includes a premium for the vintage.

Some great suggestions above. I’d also consider:
Blain-Gagnard - very good WB but bad history of premox. Last time I checked you could get a highly regarded 1er or even GC in the $150 range.
Jacques Prieur - pushing the price limit on the big boy 1er cru, but very good wines
Vincent Girardin - hearing a lot of good things about his whites, though I’ve only had a few older ones

Some of these were pushing your limit last time I’d bought so it’s possible they’re over now, particularly for '12 & '13, but you may be able to seek something out.

in addition to most of the suggestions above, Chandon de Briailles Corton Charlie
Their Corton Blanc is also cool

Being the semantic nitwit that I am, BEST experience I would raise objection to.
A GREAT Chablis experience is just too different from a GREAT Montrachet experience to say one or the other is BEST.
GREAT experiences in addition to those already mentioned that spring to mind:
-Latour Giraud Meursault Genevrieres Cuvee de Pierre
-Maltroye CM Ruchottes and la Romanee
-Pousse d’Or PM Cailleret ('10 or '13)
I’m sure that there are a bunch more…