2013 Rhys Alesia

Just ordered a case of the 2013 Alesia chard. Great reviews from JG and AG and this is $35 per bottle with the 10% case discount. My understanding is there’s no Alesia in 2014 or 2015, so great value to load up on. I don’t usually push wines, but given all the recent complaints on price increases, etc., wanted to call this one out. Still sitting on my 2012s but the 2011s were excellent.

I bit to the tune of 9 Alesia Chards. The 2012 chards were very good and I expect these to be great as well. The pinots…I only picked up 3 as I like the chards much better. I might suspect the Pinots may need some time in the cellar to come around…

I bit for 3 of each.

Thanx for the heads up!
In for a 6 pack. Been holding on to a lone bottle of the 2011, my favorite Chardonnay so far! Dropped off the Rhys list and figured I was s**t out of luck. champagne.gif

Got 6 of each. Pretty good price altogether.

Cheers,

JF

I’ve never had any wine from Alder Springs fruit by any maker that I did not absolutely love. (I was disappointed last summer that I was in the second solicitation from Under the Wire, and by the time I received it, their Alder Springs was sold out.)

Agree with JF that the Alesia pricing is very reasonable.

So, I turned that one around pretty quickly, yesterday.

• 2013 Rhys Alesia Chardonnay Alder Springs Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino County (1/4/2016)
    Popped and poured. Drank with a nice baked halibut steak over new potatoes. Lemon, lean, tart, racy, edgy, perfect with our meal. But, I think it’s a bit young, so I might hold onto these a few years to let them settle down. GOOD. (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Chard or pinot?

I have too much Rhys in the cellar at this point. Time to cash in on that investment I made in the 375s and 500s. Buying the alesia is not productive for me at this point (and less cash expenditure is always good).

Chard, sorry. Just noticed the pic is incorrect.