Doors Wine Has Opened For You

Having just posted about a truly unique wine experience, I am wondering about how wine has affected the lives of others on the board, in terms of wine being the key to doors in their lives.

Rehab?

Poorhouse? Or is that pourhouse?

My interest in Oregon wines has led me to make friends with several great people down in Portland and the Willamette Valley. All very generous and inclusive.

champagne.gif

When I was a wee intern, our team would be managed by a different supervisor each month, and for one month each year, the team was managed by an outside supervisor.

During the first question and answer session with this new supervisor, he asked, "What are the two most frequently used grapes in the production of champagne? "

It made for a great month, needless to say.

When the supervisor had first joined us I didn’t even know that his professional path was one that could be pursued as a career.

He became a friend and mentor and now I am in the same profession that he is.

Kismet, based in wine.

Graybar hotel

Other doors as well though. I’ve also had the opportunity to work harvest and do private tastings. It’s introduced me to a lot of great people and future income possibilities.

WB

We have met some extraordinary people when visiting wineries and also here at home by serendipity. Being interested in wine gets you behind the scenes into a part of a country or culture the helps define that region.

Frank and Brig have gotten to be friends with me. You can’t put a price on that kind of opportunity.

+1

Doors??

Well, nobody has taken me under their wing making me their “business partner” so we can carouse around Europe riding in tiny cramped cars in the middle of cold, damp winters while eating white truffles and foie gras till our bellies ached to import new wines no one has heard about and nobody cares about, and I probably could have retired by now if I didn’t spend on wine, so any door was probably slammed a lonnnnng time ago.