TN: 2007 August West Pinot Noir Rosella's Vineyard

• 2007 August West Pinot Noir Rosella’s Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Lucia Highlands (11/7/2015)
    What a beautiful perfectly positioned wine. Love the expressive nose of sweet blackberries and smokey cardomom. Palate shows wonderful creaminess of black/red fruits starting with some sweet ripe blackberries, boysenberries and red currant. This is still textured and layered perfectlu. It is elegance personified and really in a wonderful place at this moment. Weightless and deft, this glides across the palate effortlessly. Balance is perfect and finish brutally long. This is the schnizzzle all the others want to be. Wow (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Big number I know but really great wine strutting its stuff right now.

07s in a very sweet spot now, by & large.

I suffer from “Last bottle syndrome” … it’s often a struggle to open the last bottle of a six-pack or case for me. I have 1 bottle remaining from several vintages of the AW Rosella’s Pinot Noir and I’d been thinking doing a vertical tasting might be fun. Last night I was browsing CellarTracker, saw these wines, and began to wonder if they were getting a little long in the tooth. If the 2007 is typical, there’s nothing to worry about here ! Mike’s note from almost 6 years ago captures the wonderful flavors although my bottle seemed a bit more full-bodied and lush than I get from his note. The balance was great with a trace of astringency melding nicely with the richness. If the other vintages have held up this well, we have some fine drinking in front of us.

1 Like