WS WOTY Week

It’s that time again. #10 and #9 revealed today. Anyone have thoughts?

On a side note- It appears that there may have been a “leak” as someone (Also a WB member) seems to be selling a bunch of a particular wine (at a BIG markup) on a somewhat hidden forum implying that it will will be revealed as #1. Has anyone else heard a rumor of what the #1 will be?

2013 Clos Du Val [winner.gif]

Vin de constance is probably my favorite dessert wine of all time

so what is the hidden number one ?

I’m not super interested in being contacted by WS’s legal team, so i’m going to respectfully pass on sharing what I saw.

The person who is selling 6 cases of it is a member of WB, so i’ll leave that to them.

I would think they’d be buying rather than selling. “Hidden Forum” . . . are we talking about the deep web here?

The person obviously purchased several cases with the intention of flipping based on their “insider information”.

That said, the main purpose of the thread was to get peoples thoughts on the “Top 10” and also if anyone else heard the rumor or if this was a one off. I’m sorry if it came across as gossipy as I should have probably worded it differently.

What’s WS WOTY Week? [snort.gif] [cheers.gif]

+1 does anyone actually care what they pick?

it’s right next to the animal “stuff” section

What is a WB [truce.gif]

Relax, folks. I’m not the WBer in question, but I know him as well as what forum he posted on. He’s made some educated guesses on what may possibly end up being the WOTY, and bought several cases each of several wines in anticipation. He has no insider info.

We shall see if he’s correct. I’ll either be giving him props, or razzing him like hell - - - there is no in-between.

I have no interest in the top 10 but board intrigue is always, well, intriguing! If this is totally legit capitalist speculation and the seller is a Berserker then why not post it on CC ?

My guess is that person will do so. Doesn’t make sense to sell the WS #1 before it gets the award.

Since you brought it up in your original post, then why not post the link to the “private forum” to spare yourself the wrath of WS legal team. As, and I’m not a lawyer so they can correct me, but if you’re just quoting what someone else posted on a public forum then you are not liable for anything.

Or the Dark Web (they’re two different places for those that don’t know)

I just hope none of the wine I like makes the list…

So I don’t take kindly to threats or similar actions. Another one of this individuals “friends” tried to imply I did something wrong and asked that I “Retract” my statement per his request. The answer is NO. I said, “May” have been a leak and mentioned no name.

That said, if this was truly “hedging” his bet and he did truly buy multiple bottles, why was only 1 bottle offered? This person has offered 72 bottles of a single wine, not multiple. Additionally, He said, and I quote “$300 bottle good through Wednesday. On Thursday, price is $400. On Friday, price is $500/bottle. Get em now”.

I don’t need his “friends” trying to intimidate me by sending PMs encouraging me to retract my statement. I said nothing but the truth and what I saw.

I’ll let the forum decide if I’ve done something wrong.

ugh… too many lawyers here.

Eric, good for you for standing your ground. I like that.

In your haste to edit your original post to this thread (twice), you forgot to scrub this post of yours stating he had “insider information”. Which he never claimed, by the way. Go back and read his post, and be careful what you post in the future.

As for someone else PMing you whatever they did, you’re coming off as awfully butthurt. I’d suggest you QFT lest you make yourself look even more foolish with additional innuendo/conjecture that is completely off target.

If you had any clue about what the secondary markets are currently like, you’d know that a number of contenders for WOTY have all but disappeared as both retailers and speculators wait in anticipation for the announcement of #1. It’s been impossible to source multiple cases of a number of contenders for at least a month (many of which have been discussed on various fora starting a couple of months ago). Anyone who actually knows what the #1 is going to be wouldn’t know until it was way too late to actually “corner the market”.