Your single greatest QPR of the year, so far?

Picking up on the QPR thread. What wine, regardless of price be it $10 or $500 drank well above its price point by the biggest margin for you this year so far? For me, it was a $128 2010 Rousseau Gevrey Chambertin village wine that drank much more like its $400+ big brother, Ruchottes. This was a real head turner and WOTN for most of us at the offline.

Here is my tasting note…
9/10/2015 Same btl as R&Rer opened at venue about 90 minutes before drinking. Gave pour to venue manager immediately since he’s wine geek which left more air in the btl to breathe. This was stunning, especially for the lowly village level designation. Absolutely love the spicy red fruit profile and almost sparkling vibrancy. Hard to put to words how good this is. There is major depth here with just phenomenal fruit purity and terroir shinning through. Everything about this wine was pure class tonight. Paid $128 on sale drinks an awful lot like the Ruchottes IMO. 93pts+ Grabbed three more. (930 views

2012 Bedrock Old Vine Zinfandel. $20 at release.

2012 Light Horse Cabernet for $9.95. Just fits my palate perfectly. [cheers.gif]

We went through half a case of that sooooo fast.

Edit: the PN, not the CS. I’ve never had the CS.

For white, I have to go with 2014 Abbazia di Novacella Kerner. For $20, this wine is ridiculously good.

For red, I’d probably say various vintages of Chateau Musar. They’re truly great wines, and priced like middle of the road wines (or less!) from some famous regions.

thomas pico chablis @ 21€
clement perseval blanc des blancs @ 27€

Turley Juvenile 2013 $20

Potentially ‘steal’ QPR of the year
2012 Rodney Strong Cabernet Sauvignon Knights Valley-- Drank well above its sub ~30 price range and would holds well against all the ~50-60-and even many ~70 cabs from Sonoma.

I have to admit its been a good year in terms of QPR (lots of it due to tips and sharing with beserkers), so the single one-absolute value wise, was almost an economic modeling decision. Won’t post my runner ups to maintain the thread’s rules.

2013 Rivers Marie Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir for $25. 2013 Costetino Reserve Carneros Pinot Noir for $14.99 from WTSO-no tax no shipping.

Oh that’s 2. Oh well.

Terrifyingly, Denis Mortet Gevrey Chambertin 2009 from PC that just arrived, $29.99.

Alas, it’s the last year at that price. [cry.gif]

You have a strange notion of QPR, dude.

Easy pick. 2014 Clos Roche Blanche Pif.

Farewell, beloved wine…

How so? If the quality far exceeds the asking price, even if that price is “high,” isn’t that good QPR?

A 2000 Chasse Spleen, which was probably $20 - $25 EP.

Drinking fabulously today, and still has the legs to keep running.

Nice thread !

The 2014 Terre Nerre Etna Rosso would be my top red and maybe the 2014 Hippolyte Reverdy Sancerre, classic but always good.

I would be pretty happy with Turley Juveniles for $20 though

So I have seen from Will. Will see what next year holds.

Price with shipping on that wine was $29. I think it’s reasonable to assume the new base price will be $32 so that means with shipping it’s $36 and at that price it’s still a contender for QPR wine of any year in my book.

Probably the best is the older 2005 and 2006 Veleta wines that I got on Berserkerday. I mean, they are fantastic and very inexpensive.