If you tip your UPS guy, how much do you tip?

(I know there’s a thread about tipping the UPS guy somewhere but I couldn’t find it. Cursory googling didn’t help much, because a case of wine involves more than the usual light, small, no adult signature required delivery.)

Do you tip your UPS guy? With what? If you give them money, how much? If wine, what kind?

A case of Mike’s Hard Lemonade (his beverage of choice).

Couldn’t find him Zima?

A bottle of Propel and five bucks. Judging by the reaction, I don’t think they get tipped here a lot.

Hey, he doesn’t critique my wine choices (although he might be posting elsewhere under a nom de vin) :slight_smile:

$10 every 3rd package.

Probably the better approach. Our normal driver got moved to one of the newly created routes for the holiday rush before we got to him.

I’m down to 6 bottles of this 2013 Patricia Green Cellars Pinot Noir Berserkers’ Cuvée. Gonna be 5 soon. neener

I don’t tip the UPS guy.

Our guy (for 15 years) would get a different route every holiday season so when I would see him in January I’d take care of him then. Very little wine would get delivered home as the UPS hub was only 3 miles away. With our move to Denver this year I’ve not had much contact with our driver and yet again the hub here is about 5 miles away and I try and get all packages shipped there so they stay off the truck. Plus, UPS deliveries here show up between 5 & 7 pm.

I moved to Denver too 2+ years ago and I’ve not had the same delivery person even twice via UPS or FedEx. Very different than my old setup where I had the same UPS guy for 8 years and his cell phone was in my favorites contact list.

Gift card ~50

Me and you do not have the same UPS guy.

My UPS Store guy gets $5 for each delivery when I pick up.

I don’t

UPS drivers accept tips? This is news to me.

Still won’t tip.

They make a good wage and retire before any of us do.

Enough so he (a) remembers which house is yours and (b) won’t claim to have rung doorbell and got no answer when you were in fact there waiting for him.

I usually tip my driver for Christmas. Both he and the local Fed Ex driver are really helpful, delivering wine to the basement level and carrying the boxes for me to the cellar. Between all the wine and Amazon prime, he’s here a lot more than he used to be, so I need to tip more this year, just not sure what’s appropriate.

hm, wish I was actually at home when they deliver packages as I have no clue if it’s the same people or not.

I usually give him Swiss denominated bearer bonds.