5+1 ways to eliminate the HANGOVER....and YOURS?

These are those I know, YOUR tips are very welcome!

1. Eat banana, to reintegrate potassium
  2. Infusion of ginger
  3. Honey, lemon and hot water
  4. Orange/apple/tomato juice
  5. White rice

+1) Stay in bed until you want… champagne.gif

Go running.

Good tip Robert!

Have a beer… Always helps.

Don’t drink too much? newhere

Pedialite. All you need.

Go cycling

Lists are kinda your thing, aren’t they?

Maybe the grocery store has hangover remedies next to the wine. neener

Shazam! An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. [wow.gif]

Few things on this board produce finger wagging like the mention of a hangover or a request for remedies therefrom.

A run can be good I think, so can a Bloody Mary in a pinch. I’m personally plagued by an inability to sleep in, particularly if I’ve over-imbibed at all, so that option is no use. I’ve never tried the range of natural and vitamin/mineral oriented cures or preventives that some swear by, such as milk thistle. Just never have the foresight to plan for such a thing.

There was a 10 part series on PBS called “Your Body On…” One episode was the flu, one was pneumonia, anyway it shows what happens to your body, blood chemistry, sugar levels etc. really interesting.
The very last ep was hangover, the key thing (according to this) was your liver is under siege trying to process all that poison and the best thing is to sweat which takes the pressure off the liver.
So I drink pedoilite and mow the lawn; it takes a little discipline but by 10:00 or 11:00 I feel fine, if I just lay around I feel bad all day.

Two Alka-Seltzers dropped in a 20oz. Gatorade. The Alka-Seltzer works on stomach and head ache. Gatorade works on the dehydration. If you can keep it down you’ll feel better! A bit of exercise helps, too. Learned this at bakery school a long time ago…and those SOBs could drink!

JD

Water bottle with Scratch or electrolyte replacement mixed in on the nightstand. Sip throughout the night. Lessens the blow in the morning.

Forgot to add that Coconut water helps me a lot, as an electrolyte and potassium source IIRC. Drink a lot more of the stuff when working out in summer in hot weather, but also useful for hangover.

Zofran.

8 of ODT and 800 Motrin, best ‘cure’ ever.

Send a Terminator back in time to eliminate a young Ken Jeong.

Bloody Mary always works for me.

For every ounce of wine, drink two ounces of water.

Tons of water at night and in morning more water and aspirin and do something which makes me sweat and move, then eat hearty. Painful but shorter-term than just laying around.

Why is this in Wine Talk? [berserker.gif]