Sh'Bubbles from Bedrock - Any TNs?

Did a search but couldn’t find couldn’t find much here or on Cellar Tracker. Anyone had this rose from Morgan? Believe it’s the first release, carignan based, and one of my local store just got their shipment. TIA

Hey Chad. We are excited about Sh’bubbles! It is a project we have been working on for a couple of years now that is finally coming to fruition. The first release is what we are half-jokingly calling a “beta” test as we only made a few hundred cases and have no idea how people will respond. The wine is indeed based on Carignan, picked at low sparkling wine sugars, from a couple of the excellent sites we work with. There is also some Chardonnay and Pinot Noir press wine from the Under the Wire project which represents maybe 10% of the total amount. The whole thing rested on lees in tank for a solid eight months prior to being put through its secondary fermentation using Charmat method (think Prosecco). The finished wine is fun, which is what it is meant to be, lots of crunchy red fruits, bright, hopefully well delineated, finished with 6 g/l dosage. We look forward to folks trying it and letting us know what they think!

Thanks Morgan!

You boys ship any of that out to AZ by chance, or do I need to order some online?

I’ve seen it at a couple online retailers (KL) but do you plan to ship any to the chicago area? maybe binnys or vin?

very excited to try this!

Was there a new Bedrock release that had this in it? I didnt get a mailer.

Shebang! and Shebubbles! release only to retail. They are the “value line” so to speak.

The guy at Bottle Barn looked at me like I was speaking in Swahili. Nothing there, yet.

Thanks Morgan! I should have know to go directly to the source to start with. Excited to try. And a good excuse to go to one of my favorite wine/beer/growler/beer bar retailers (assuming they have any left).

Cracked one for the big game. Very primary with some residual sugar. Strawberry soda. Crowd pleaser.

Well, at least someone tried it!

I know that Ryme Cellars just released a “Crackling Carignan” rosé/red pet nat. I wonder if there’s something specific to Carignan that makes it attractive as a base for sparkling wine?

BTW, if the Shebubbles serves a market need, more power to 'em! Maybe sales of Shebang! and Shebubbles will help keep prices down on Bedrock wines! :wink:

The Winehouse is offering this for shipment.

http://www.winesf.com/skunnv-010.html

Anyone know the suggested or average retail price?

Thanks Michael! Think I’ll have to scoop a few of these up (especially at $20 a pop).

K&L has it, too: $19.99

Interesting question. My guess is, high acidity.

I opened my first bottle on Thursday and it was corked. Going to try another bottle tonight.

Opened my second bottle tonight. Very fun! Agree that it reminds me of a strawberry soda.

Thanks for the note Jennifer!

Can’t say “strawberry soda” is a descriptor that typically makes me run to go find my wallet…but I definitely do want to try this wine. Sounds like as long as you have an open mind and don’t expect anything too serious, it’s a fun and tasty sparkler.