TN: 2012 Drinkward Peschon Cabernet Sauvignon Entre Deux Mères

Posted from CellarTracker

How did this compare to other vintages? I’ve only had the 2009 and loved it.

I think the 2012 DP is the most readily drinkable of the last 6 vintages of theirs that I’ve had. I couldn’t keep my hands off of them.

The 2012 was really in the groove tonight, showing much better than the bottle I opened about a year ago. That one came across as a bit flat. While I still think it could use a little more lift, tonight it seemed more delineated. Full-bodied, smooth, and luscious yet not over-the-top. DP is a really excellent value in Napa Valley cab, year after year. I don’t see this one improving from here, given the tannins are mostly resolved at this point. So, drink up! (93 pts for me)

We opened our first bottle of the 2012 in September and agree that it is drinking beautifully right now. We also had both the 2005 and 2010 in the last year or so and both were drinking well. I think they make a great and consistent wine year in and year out (except for 2004 which had some overripeness)

1 Like

Hi Andrew
One of our favorite wines year in and year out. Thanks for the update. Had a 12 earlier in the year we really enjoyed. Happy Holidays !

1 Like

Thanks, Fred - same to you!

And, Scott, I agree. Drinkward Peschon is a very consistent wine. That ‘04 was definitely the exception among the 10 or so vintages I’ve had going back to the ‘01. I enjoyed it, even though it was a departure from their norm.

1 Like

Today’s email promises a library release since there are no ‘19s or ‘20s. flirtysmile

I logged in and looks like 17 and 18’s are on the website but the note does look like some library wines would be added.

I ended up grabbing 3-2018. Its nice to get quality wine at $85/bottle and decent shipping rates!

Bummer
I have a ton of 17s and 18s but would like to replenish some of older ones.

Anybody know if they are shipping to Texas yet?