2013 scarecrow

What time does this go live today? I swore my card said 12pm eastern, but so far nothing is online

It doesn’t (I don’t think). My card said Match 2nd at noon EST.

My card has 3-2 @ 12P EST. Perhaps others are live today?

No card for me yet (but we moved last year).
Buyer since '07 vintage.

I got an email saying:

Our protocol email regarding the 2013 Scarecrow release will be sent to at the end of February.

I haven’t received an email or a card…still hoping for an allocation.

I have an allocation and it goes live tomorrow at noon eastern. The allocation is $300 per bottle. It says I will be offered 3 bottle boxes and 6 bottle boxes. Also the opportunity to purchase a numbered and etched magnum at $1200 each. I am on the fence on this one.

Wow! A 200% markup for a magnum. Can you say greedy?

I love this little excerpt pulled from the full article. This can be found on the Scarecrow website as well. Words and prices in contradiction.

WINE SPECTATOR
MAY 15TH 2008
“A Scarecrow with a soul”
By James Laube

In full production, Scarecrow could produce 4,000 cases, which would please -Lopez if quality can be maintained. He is intent on holding the price at $150. “I don’t want this to be a wine that no one can afford to drink,” he says. “The thing that’s so re-markable about this project is I didn’t know anything about anything, and it’s only lately that I’ve come to appreciate how this came together.” Grandpa would probably be just as amazed.

Wow! That’s crazy. Thanks for sharing

this excerpt was also posted last year when they raised the price on the 12s

or 400% [snort.gif]

Wonder if these allocations are selling? Seeing a few ‘reminder’ emails from a few offerings suggests they are not.

I stopped buying after the 2007 vintage…it was the right choice for me. While they’re clearly special wines, they’re not worth giving up other great wines at a fraction of the cost to me.

Myriad. Quivet. Rivers-Marie. Cimarossa. Black Cat, and O’Shaughnessy. All great wines under $100. Riverain, Greer, Pott, Outpost, Carter, VHR, Gallica, and many, many others under $200. Is there any reason to spend $300? I love Schrader, but at $225 I am having a hard time justifying paying that with so many other great wines out there.

Ordering is up

Did you all get an email today in addition to postcard? I have bought since the 2007 vintage and no email today.

I bailed out long enough ago that I no longer get reminder emails;)

I’ve bought since 05 vintage and have not received the email

Was initially disappointed that I might miss the magnums until I saw the price.

Or 300%. 100% is double.

so 2012 went up and now 2013 is up to $300.

Will they lower it when the scores are “only” in the low 90s