TN: 2007 Holdredge Pinot Noir Bucher (USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley)

• 2007 Holdredge Pinot Noir Bucher - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (11/2/2009)
    Bucher Baby ! Huge nose of red fruit. Red and black cherry with a floral component and a touch of rrv spice. The wine is linear and focused with a silky mouthfeel. Trademark acidity for balance. Give it 60-90 min of air or some more time. The depth of flavor and structure really kick it up a notch. It was terrific on it’s own or with the roast chicken on the table. Outstanding wine. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

this was the most elegant and my favorite of John’s 07 PN’s. have 4 bottles sleeping for a few more years.

I love Bucher, and it seems to show well young. Really good stuff and very pure. Going to age well, too, for all its positive showings while youthful.

I’m going to add a few more to my 08 order. All the 07’s are really good. I’ve been able to leave most of them alone. Agreed about leaving the rest alone for some time.