You know the Berserkerfest was a success when . . . (see photo of The Todd in post 37!)

just for the second day, you need four steps to take a photo of the bottles the following morning:

MORE PHOTOS ADDED AT POST 37.

The Palmer was a 1978
The Gruaud and the Clos Fourtet were 1966s.
The Kapcandy was a 2012
The Quilceda Creek was a 2003

In the Carlisle versus Bedrock tug of war, it was two Carlisle to one Bedrock, but the Bedrock was a mag, so we will declare it a tie.

Yes, that’s two Donnhoff magnums

Well done!!

Pikers! When we had the Day 3 2013 Serker shindig at Jordan’s, we had more than twice that number, as you may recall.

But nice try.

[cheers.gif]

No Saxum !!

I considered that, BUT then I remembered that was because you collected all the bottls from Day 1 and Day 2 and displayed them on Day 3. Besides, between Suzanne and me, New York contributed about 10 of your bottles.

No. I was responsible for the food and the two 1966s . . . until my wife went down to the cellar and pulled a 2003 Quilceda Creek and asked if it was OK to open it. I figured How bad could a Parker 100 point wine be with smoked brisket.

What year was the Tondonia?

How many people?

Cool!

1. Magnum. I saw it there all day but I never had the energy to walk about 20 feet to taste it and it was empty by the time I found the bottle at about 7 pm.

oops.

I have no idea. People were in and out all day. I would say 60 plus or minus 10.

Congrats, my friend!

And 60 empties. I’d take back their Berserker Badges. [whistle.gif] neener

Six magnum, at least a half dozen designated drivers, and four under age.

Awesome!!

Do I see a few that managed to live? neener

Ditto for upcoming WineFest IV, 109 bottles to be opened from the cellar. But some semi-decent wines in the collection on those steps. neener

I see 4 with capsules still intact. Must have been the 4 underage berserkers. neener

The only time I saw more dead soldiers than that was last year at the Peay farm the day after their annual sommeliers dinnerfest!!

I found five unopened bottles this morning. In deference to Memorial Day, I elected not to use the customary term for a photo like this, so I decided that unopened bottles that people brought were properly includable.