2013 Dominus @ $319 Pre-arrival

Who would have thunk it?

that’s insane…PASS

WOW! It wasn’t too long ago the this could be had for under $100 per.

Move along…nothing to see here.

Buy buy buy!

Wow, had the 10 in a steakhouse for around $135

Its good but this is ep first growth money, no way they sell many

I have 2 bottles of Dominus (2006?) somewhere, bought on sale for about $80 some time ago. It doesn’t look as though I will be adding to that stock!

Only $3.19/AG point.

2008 was my last purchase. It is now DTM.

Mouiex has always believed/pitched this as a California first growth, and expects the price to match.

Napanook is usually priced about a 1/3 of its big brother, so that could push that into triple digit territory, in theory.

Same pro rata price for Parker and Suckling.

luls.

no thanks.

I rep Dominus in MA. $330 is absurd

Dayum. Brings the total down to just over $1.06/point. Steal of the vintage.

K&L has the pricing up for the Napanook. Looks like it will bump from $60 for 2012 to $80 for 2013.

Does anyone have a good feel on what the sell throughs have been on the Napa 13’s in general? Saw the Ascendo Cellar 13 release at 360, Araujo/Eisele just above and so many on the board passing.

The 2013 Napanook has not yet hit my local retail so I’ve not had the opportunity to try it. But I’ve read that there has been a big step up in quality, as good or better than many other producers’ first wines. I’ve been told it will retail for $70 here.

Tut tut, the kind of thread that elicits the groans from most who have not bought in years.

Is this the fault of Dominus entirely or only in part? They certainly have control over who distributes their product, and perhaps this is their problem. According to Dominus, the suggested retail price for their 2013 Estate is $199. But why $319 now? Distributors, perhaps you can enlighten everyone? If I am Dominus, this gets corrected immediately!

Doesn’t work that way, when the wines out of your warehouse, not much you can do and it’s not the wholesalers fault. solely on the retailer.