Single greatest American wine ever made?

THE best ever? Name it! :wink:

Single, as in one vintage, one wine? Or a single wine that’s released every year? If the latter, I’d say Ridge Monte Bello.

One vintage one wine!

Ridge Monte Bello

1991 Ridge MB

It’s got to be 74 Heitz Martha’s right?

Which child do you love the most ? [tease.gif]

It hasn’t been made yet . . . .

YTD :wink:

1991 Eyrie Vineyards South Block Reserve PN. Bent my brain every way it could.

03 Ch Pavie

I hear it’s a 70s Heitz Martha’s Vineyard but I’ve not had one.

78 Stag’s Leap Cask 23 a narrow winner for me.

Isn’t it supposed to be the 1941 Inglenook??

That said, since I’ve had the 1974 Heitz MV I’ll go with that (better than the '78 SLV Cask 23, imo).

Greatest I’ve had…2002 Shafer Hillside tasted in Spring, 2010.

I’m waiting for the official designation.

I know that 2007 South Rhone was the greatest vintage anywhere in viticultural history because of important declarations stating as much

As soon as I get that kind of clarity regarding the specific wine, I’m all over it.

Personally I’m dying to find out what was the greatest wine ever made in the entire world in all of human history.

That’s because I haven’t had every single wine ever made, either in the world or even just in the US, but I’m sure some people have.

Impossible to choose. '68-70 and '74 Heitz Martha’s. '74 Conn Creek Eisele. '68 Ridge Montebello. Many others that aren’t Cabernet. Swan Zins from '69-74 (never had '68).

Just last weekend, I tasted '63-66 and NV Ridge Montebello. The last was a blend of '66 and '71. All fabulous. This particular bottle of '66 could have been cellared another 20 years.

“We want the finest wines available to humanity. And we want them here, and we want them now!”

Start at about 1:15

I have four:

68 heitz pinot chardonnay
74 heitz martha’s cab
91 ridge mb
02 paul hobbs btk

I swear I say this to myself at least once a day.