At last: a 2005 village Bourgogne starting to mature

And a modest one as well: Domaine Michel Noellat Vosne Romanee
Spicy intriquing inviting bouquet, lovely texture and spiciness in the mouth. Actually a great pleasure to drink and a relief to experience that the WAIT is now soon over regarding the 2005 village wines. However this one will stay drinkable for a decade at least.

Hmm - a Vonse-Ramanee…is village Bourgogne [wow.gif] ??

In the last few months we’ve had a Joseph Drouhin Cote de Beaune-Villages and a Le Moine Bourgogne from 2005 that were well into their window. Both the Ponsot Cuveé du Pinson and Alain Burguet Gevrey-Chambertin Mes Favorites from 2005 were very close to peaking too IMO.

I popped a 2005 Grivot Combe d Orveaux (village, not 1er), and found it to be prime time about a month ago. Had an 05 Grivot Vosne Romanee AOC around same time, and that was still fairly closed down.

Well… yes.

From the village of Vosne Romanee. East side of the road iirc.

Jo

Yes. That I can understand. But how is a village Vosne Romanee a modest village Bourgogne? Also, Noellat is a more than solide producer.

Bourgogne means Burgundy! This made complete sense from the start.

There’s no “village” plot east of the road in Vosne, you’d have to go up to Morey or Gevrey to find that.

Anyway I’d agree with the OP, so far even village-level wines from 2005 have been rather backward.

I read it as “not from one of the most coveted producers”.

Thanks. Must have mixed V-R with the villages just north.

Jo

I’ve had pretty good luck with '05 village for the last two years or so. Then I opened a village volnay the other night that was still tannic and in need of time.

Truchot Morey St. Denis is drinking very well.

I would argue that among the Domaines that have “Noellat” in their name, this is the less solid.

There is no common wine in Vosne… newhere.

So they say [swearing.gif]

That makes them modest? I think you are trying to be too cute. The fact that there are other good producers with Noellat in their name does not make your post more correct

I do not know about “correct” [scratch.gif]
In my cellar this wine is on of the most modest Bourgogne village wines.