Williams Selyem Offering

Anyone buying?

Their zins are awesome but I’m not on the list.

How many bottles are in this offering? What’s the over/under on >20?? :slight_smile:

I bit on 4 bottles today. I have so little room that I can’t buy very much from anyone!

1 Hirsch Vineyard
1 Rochioli Vineyard
2 Estate Vineyard

Thread drift - Also picked up 6 bottles of Ceritas Chardonnay today…

I just check “yes, please” to my notifications.

Only 19 different wines…

Tom

I knew I should have put money on that one :slight_smile:

Thanks Tom. You going deep on this one??

Bacigalupi Zin and a few Pinots including Weir and Bucher.

Tom

I bought some including the Chards which I love.
Just so many.

Here’s the list:

2014 Eastside Road Neighbors Pinot Noir, 750mL
Price: $55.00

2014 Calegari Vineyard Pinot Noir, 750mL
Price: $58.00

2014 Foss Vineyard Pinot Noir, 750mL

2014 Vista Verde Vineyard Pinot Noir, 750mL

2014 Weir Vineyard Pinot Noir, 750mL

2014 Bucher Vineyard Pinot Noir, 750mL
Price: $59.00

2014 Ferrington Vineyard Pinot Noir, 750mL
Price: $65.00

2014 Coastlands Vineyard Pinot Noir, 750mL
Price: $75.00

2014 Hirsch Vineyard Pinot Noir, 750mL
Price: $82.00

2014 Burt Williams’ Morning Dew Ranch Vineyard Pinot Noir, 750mL

2014 Rochioli Riverblock Vineyard Pinot Noir, 750mL

2014 Allen Vineyard Pinot Noir, 750mL
This item is not available or is sold out. You may enter a Wish List request on the next page.

2014 Lewis MacGregor Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir, 750mL
Price: $85.00

2014 Precious Mountain Vineyard Pinot Noir, 750mL
This item is not available or is sold out. You may enter a Wish List request on the next page.

2014 Williams Selyem Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir, 750mL
Price: $105.00

2014 Allen Vineyard Chardonnay, 750mL

2014 Drake Estate Vineyard Chardonnay, 750mL

2014 Lewis MacGregor Estate Vineyard Chardonnay, 750mL

2014 Bacigalupi Vineyard Zinfandel, 750mL

I’m too poor right now so must pass.

Anyone tasted any of these? I havent heard much about the '14s. Frankly, I think they need to pair down the single vineyard offerings. Just too damn many.

My next door neighbor always gets a couple cases. Had the 2013 Foss, Eastside road, RRV and Ferrington a couple months back. Foss was my #1 of the bunch.

+1 too damn many to do what I’d like, which is to get two or three each of my favorite SVD’s. Based on their allocations, they assume I want a cellar with one of each bottling per vintage. I’d much rather have a few from each vintage with fewer bottlings.

I’m with Chris and Eric. I didn’t find the wines, at those prices, to be something I was going to buy a lot of, and if you didn’t do that, you ended up getting allocated 0 or 1 of two dozen SVD wines, most of which you couldn’t really discern between, so I threw in the towel pretty quickly. But they are often nice wines which age well.

I’ll say pretty much what everyone else is saying. I was a regular buyer for years but dropped off shortly before W&S sold the winery. It was getting to the point where, even then, there were too many offerings that were getting too pricey. I’d want 3-4 bottles each of 3-4 different wines. They just offered too many…

Yeah, I think if my wish list items don’t hit I might throw in the towel. Too many good Pinot producers out there to deal with this kind of allotment situation. I don’t have the space or budget to go deep on the handful of wines I care about here.

Thanks all! I thought it was just me. I can’t keep up with the number of offerings. Wish they would limit to just a few vineyards.

Even though the Pinot Noirs have not been to the uber quality of those made by Burt up through and including 1997, I still buy a few each offering although some are stylistically very similar unlike those of his years.

i get between 16 and 24 bottles which is quite a bit fewer than my allocation. I have opened many within a 6-9 year period from release and been pleasantly surprised at the enjoyment I receive albeit at a steeper price point than most other Pinot Noirs I purchase.

The prices are dear, the wines are consistently excellent. I’m a fan of the old vine Zins and the Coastlands Pinot.