Need a primer on Blankiet

Just want to understand their various bottlings. Quality/Price/Quantity and anything else that’s helpful.

Thanks!

Alex,
Do you have access to Ebob? If so, search Blankiet and there is a few great posts about the estate, from Kenney and Nemanick.

Prince of Hearts is a easy buy for me. The Paradise Hills is a Super wine but the 2012 Mythicus to me was Stellar!!!

Style has changed over the years. Used to be more of an in your face wine, but now becoming a more restrained and nuanced wine. The 2012 and 2013 vintages are especially good, but the flagship wines are not cheap. As Carlos said, Prince of Hearts, the more “entry level” wine ($200/3 pack) are also very good.

Any thoughts on the rose? 70/bottle seems real steep

My experience with their wines is limited to vintages 2001 through 2008. From 2001 through 2007, there were only two wines; the Paradise Vineyard Estate Cabernet (or Cab blend) and the Paradise Vineyard Estate Merlot (or Rive Droite Merlot blend). In 2008, they added the Prince of Hearts, a “second” wine from what didn’t make the Estate bottling. Based on my drinking experience of these wines, I found them to be full bodied, ample fruit, moderate tannin, characteristic of the varieties and balanced. Definitely not “in-your-face” or “OTT.” They are among some of my favorite wines in my cellar.

I did a tasting there a while back and while he didn’t exactly say they were in your face, he definitely indicated that they had made a very significant stylistic change to move away from “overly Parkerized” wines, their words not mine.

They pour the rose when they do a tasting at the winery. It is very nice just could not pull the trigger bought more of the Prince of Hearts for the same price. My family really love when I open one [cheers.gif] Especially my little sis!

It’s the only Blankiet I’ve had, and I’d be alright if it were my last. Overoaked to death.

Worth it

They are great

Just ordered 2 prince of hearts instead.