Sigaro

Does anyone know how fast it sold out today?

Wow, I’m shocked that it sold out at $200 x 3 pack. I got the email at 10 AM, checked the site around 3 pm and it was available still.

At $200 per, I couldn’t justify it. I’ll have to be content drinking my 2011 and 2012’s.

I’m confused, this was $200 a bottle last year too.

I think production on this is tiny, like 150 cases, maybe 200. Doesn’t take a lot of effort for these wines to sell out. They don’t sell on score, Larry has built an amazing following, and if it wasn’t for the fact that I’m FINALLY showing total restraint on purchasing wine right now (well, except till next Tuesday…), I had to pass. However, if it was GIII, I would have bought…

Huh, my bad, it was $200 last year. It was $175 in 2011, and the 2012 Giii was $150.

I was thinking of the Giii pricing. Never mind!

Point remains the same though. This is pricey.

Certainly better opportunities are available elsewhere.

As would I. This is one of the rare Napa wines I happily pay the price for. I know where my money was spent when I taste them. I typically prefer G3, but that’s splitting hairs.

I am a founding charter member of the Cheap Ass SOB Society. Fairchild is the only insanely priced wine I purchase. Missed out on the spring GIII release and am still kicking myself.

I will not say I gladly pay the high prices, but I will say I grudgingly pay them.

Okay Dennis, I’ll give you one. How about Forman, superior wine! and by the way, half the price.

Chris- No stake in the game for me. I’m a big Forman fan but it’s not half the price( new release is now $ 115) and the Sigaro is an outstanding wine. The only recent Forman for me that was an equal to Sigaro was the 2010. I did snag the 13 before the price release though and have high hopes for it.

Cheers

Fred, you are correct “(new release is now $ 115)” although I bought in at $95.

I have only tried one vintage of Sigaro, 2010, and its indeed a very good wine, but its no Forman!

For me the 2010 Sigaro was big and bold with earthy nuances, and ripe blackberry liquor fruit, even a bit pushy ripe. Solid. ** (92)

The 2010 Forman on the other hand displayed dazzling precision and depth, with ultra pure black raspberry and creme de cassis. Powerful yet seductive. Classic Cabernet. *** (95+)

Dennis, I would be happy to meet up someday. I am in wine country.

Fairchild wines are unique in their fruit profile to me. The stones ae pushing the price envelope to me, but I bought again this year because I dont find any wine to be quite like them. This is what makes wines buy worthy to me these days. Is the 10 Forman better? Its a great wine but I wouldnt call it better or worse than Sigaro. Ive had some bottles of cab that Ive enjoyed more or less than Fairchild but never one that I though hmmm thats just like Fairchild but better. Overall I always feel like I get my moneys worth in their consistency and uniqueness.

I learned the hard way that ‘allocated’ did not mean ‘set aside for me for x days’.