Off we go ... 2015 Red Burg releases

Got my first offer today on 2015 red Burgundy – Bertheau. Love their Chambolles, buy a couple of the Charmes every vintage. Staring at the offer today, I pondered buying a case each of the Chambolle AC and the Charmes. Wait … stop … deep breath … stay with plan. Kept my head. For once.

Anyone losing it over 2015?

Nope. From everything I’ve read, particularly comments like “2015 is a cross between 2003 and 2009” I’m buying almost nothing. Will be only a very small selection of producers I absolutely have faith in. Helps that I have no space, and have been over budget on wine spending for… years.

yeah, so far I’ve only bought a little. I certainly havent seen any comparisons to 2003. My plan is to get about 3 cases or reds from daily drinkers to 1er/GC.

Alan,

If you like '99, '05 and '10, you’ll like 2015. Great depth, perfume and energy.

Best Regards
Jeremy

How does the pricing look?
I know it’s different from market to market so not exact $'s, more so % increases?

If the 2015s I tasted at Gerard Mugneret are a cross between 2003 and 2009, I need to buy some 2003 and 2009!

Pricing on these was the same as 2014 up through the Charmes and a bit above for the Amoureuses and Bonnes Mares.

A good leave I’d say RF. Love Bertheau myself, but I tend to avoid the ripe+ years in Chambolle especially.

Alan and Robert are saving up for new hair shirts.

Also remember the dollar is a bit stronger (against the euro) than a year ago. That’s gotta help across the board, but Bertheau is normally priced conservative so not a surprise with this offer.

Stop. Leave me to my little fantasy world, where 2015 is anathema and I can give my wallet a little rest :wink:

This is wineberserkers Alan, not wineineedarest. If you need a rest head over to erobertparker!

lol. Glad to have your backing for the vintage. There do seem to be some mixed messages, though. Will buy what I can, selectively.

As soon as we get some '15s in down the road in 2017, let’s do an SF offline of '15s. Will be fun if we can get some popped before they start to close up.

I am thankful for every person that thinks ripe fruit is a flaw.

This is what I am seeing. The biggest moves on price are in the Grand Crus.

You guys can have your brown spotted bananas. I like them a little green.

I’m going to be a bit cautious. I haven’t tasted anything from the Cote d"Or yet but we tasted two 2015 Macons this week, both from decent producers. One was boring and the other was flabby.

+1

Ripe fruit. Not overripe fruit.