You know you're a wine geek when...

…your recycling looks like this!
image.jpg
Or when…

You guys aren’t very good at these games are you? This is a community contribution thread.

You know you’re a wine geek when…
… you spill your coffee all over yourself because you were swirling the cup.

You know you’re a wine geek when…

You have the first reply to your own thread on a wine forum?

1 Like

champagne.gif

You slurp your water… you cook instead of going to a nice restaurant because you have better wine than almost any restaurant has…

Definitely relate to that one Blake…think that same way often.

You rarely speak to other non wine geek people about wine for fear of coming across like a huge wanker.

Truth be known…I have swirled the water too!!

1 Like

You look at the wine list in a restaurant before looking at the food menu

1 Like

^ this is a big one.

At the same time, I have found more often than not that a good wine list will reflect in a good food menu, whereas a good food menu does not necessarily indicate a good wine list. Thus, when at least perusing new restaurants online, I look at the wine list first.

. . . You know there is a whole Facebook thread with the same title that goes back for years.

You check the ullage on soda bottles

The UPS guy knows you by your first name.

You are driving down the street with your son in the back seat and when he sees a FedEx truck, he says, “Dad, it’s the wine delivery truck.”

Even though you brought your own wine!

…that can’t stay on task!

You know you’re a wine geek if this picture looks normal to you.
image.jpg
…or if you know the meaning of SIWBM.

… and then decide there is nothing worth ordering.

Ha, this! ^^^

. . . and have to restrain yourself mightily from making the inadequacies of the list a topic of conversation at the table.

…when 98% of your personal email traffic comes from wine purveyors.

…when you use the word “purveyor” instead of “shop”.

And then on this website…

…but are forced to talk about why you are ordering a mixed drink or beer because a few at the table know of your interest in wine.

“Purveyor” has other connotations to me. Are we talking about wine?

Yeah, I can’t remember using the word purveyor in conversation, and certainly not about wine