2014 Maybach

I suspect the mailer/email is coming in the next couple weeks, to the chagrin of my AMEX. I know Parker gave it a 95, but was curious if anyone on this board has had the opportunity to sample it. Regardless - I’m buying at least my usual three pack and likely a maggie this time around. Just trying to determine is I need to dig deeper.

I will be too!

WHich one are you referring to, the Materium or the Amoenus?

Both come with the offering, plus their Pinot. It’s one of each for a full allocation.

Materium

Thanks!

Actually, it was 100.

I’m buying my allocation. It’s never ever ever going to get cheaper. None of these Napa cabs will ever get cheaper so load up today in order to save tomorrow.

You sure? I thought the 2013 got 100 and 2014 was only 95. I’m just pulling from retailer sites though, rather than the report itself. 100 pt. makes me worry the price is going to reach $200 in a blink of an eye.

I believe the offer will be end of January as last year.
Also believe Chris said no price increase this year but don’t quote me on that!
Love the 375’s and Mags too!

2014 Materium was 95-97 from barrel and 100 in the most recent (Oct 16) note.

I’m hoping prices aren’t increased as they are already too close to $200 when shipping is added.

Thanks. Back to back 100s…good for them, bad for my wallet. I havent even opened my 2013s.

2013 is crazy good. We’ve had one 375 and one 750. Got one mag last year too. Got the full allocation last year and this year again too. I don’t have many where I buy all I can get, but I’m doing it here. (Rivers Marie too…)

Just got a “hold the date” email from Maybach. The release is Tuesday, 24 Jan and “Cabernet prices remain unchanged.” !

Yep, one of my year in and year out buys.

Here is their whole email:

With pleasure we announce our upcoming annual release.

Time: Tuesday, January 24 – 9AM EST

Wines:
2014 Materium Cabernet (3 sizes)
2014 Amoenus Cabernet
2015 Eterium Chardonnay
2015 Irmgard Pinot Noir

Our updated website will launch and active mailing list members will receive email invitations with login information. Allocations vary slightly depending on seniority and order history, with a wish-list function in case of any extra.

Cabernet prices remain unchanged.
Magnums are available either with or without wood boxes, priced accordingly.

A note to our New York customers:
In compliance with a recent law affecting direct shipments to NY, we are in process of applying for the newly required license, approval of which can take 2-3 months. Orders shipping to NY will be held until March at the earliest, weather permitting.

Has anyone tasted the Pinot? I did a cursory search and didn’t see any notes here.

I bought the 2013 Pinot 2 years ago and skipped the 2014 last year. I drank my first bottle just before the release last year and thought it very nice, with bright red fruit and an unexpected elegance. You wouldn’t confuse it for anything but Sonoma Pinot, but you probably wouldn’t pick it out as a Maybach wine either. I passed last year and will skip it this year. I think it’s on the pricey side and I’m still trying to cut back on my Pinot purchases while reducing the number in the cellar.

I’ve also been a buyer of the Chardonnay and enjoy it very much. I’m on the fence this year and am waiting to see how much the price increases. Placing my Aubert order earlier today makes me question if I can afford to buy any Chardonnay at all …

Thanks! Big fan of the Cabs, but ended up with a lone bottle of Irmgard and no idea what to do with it…

I opened my first bottle of Maybach (2012 Materium) last month and was blown away by its elegance, finesse, and depth.

This is a winery that I have been purchasing from for the last few vintages and am excited to receive any allocation for 2014. Hoping for a Magnum this year as well.

Thanks for sharing!

I liked the 2012 so much I drank mine and bought more in the secondary market.