Latest Horsepower release doesnt seem that popular

For whatever reason several people are offering Horsepower as well as some other previously hard to get allocations at cost and not many people are taking the offers

Have some of these allocations jumped the shark ?

The only recent allocation that is really creating a buzz is Macdonald, otherwise its getting flat

I can’t speak for others, but I took my full nine bottle allocation and will do so in coming years. I’m very partial to The Rocks style and I’ve really enjoyed the three bottles I’ve opened.

My easy explanation: andremily came along. Better & cheaper… working within a budget, it became an easy choice.

Speaking for myself only, I made the decision (resolution?) to direct more of my discretionary funds to my student loans this year. Not a reflection on Horsepower at all. I’d love to buy it this year as I’m a big fan of the wine and the style…

I was on the list for the first few vintages. Really didn’t enjoy the wine I tried and sold them off. Nothing wrong with them per se, however not a style that I wanted to continue to purchase/cellar.

Also (thankfully) on Andremily since day 1 and have really enjoyed the 2 bottles I’ve tasted.

Way out of my price range no matter how good.

9 Bottles plus your allocation offered on commerce corner = not that popular?

Are you trying to draw attention that you are offering your allocation?

Mission accomplished [snort.gif]

Dave

There are numerous Horsepower, no girls, Saxum, RM etc allocations available. im making the point that its surprising to see so many

We’ve never crossed paths before Dave, hopefully with your shitty attitude we wont again

Alan

Hell, Cayuse is cheaper.

Across the board in auctions many previously hot brands including SQN are going un-purchased these days…its much larger than Horsepower.

I wonder if it is partly because a lot of other wineries who now have access to Rocks fruit at a much lower price point are finally starting to release? I haven’t found a direct 1:1 analogue for Christophe’s style yet but there are a lot of producers putting out Rocks-sourced wine that gets you 80% of the way there for <50% of the price tag with no 3-pack purchase requirement and no waiting list. That says nothing about SQN however.

If you wanted to comment on allocations being available in general, why not make your topic reflective of that, rather than singling out Horsepower?? It seemed to me that you were having a crack at disparaging them in some manner. Not that you would do such a thing, of course. Except for maybe:

Sojourn

Ridge

Etude

Denner

I’m sure there are more. I also see that you put your Horsepower allocation up for sale last year, as well. Carry on.

Did you really go back and search his commerce corner history? Alan is a super nice guy, active poster, and pretty generous - I’m not sure why he is being attacked here when you cannot possibly know anything about his motives (unless you also found that info while combing his post history).

I am going to take only a 3-pack of Syrah, anyone want access to the other 3-packs I was offered just reach out.

Dave

No idea where your coming from

I have passed along Horsepower several times to forum members, always at cost, i dont see any issue with that. The buyer gets an allocated wine at cost and i stay on the list if i change my mind. In terms of your searching my history, yes i have had issues with Denner but they got resolved, no issues with Ridge i know of, i am selling my MB futures as with further education ill be dead before they are mature. No idea on Etude, never had dealings

Anyways feel free to hate if it makes you feel better, i might be vocal and provocative occasionally but my dealings on here are always 100% genuine and nobody has ever had a single complaint

This seemingly innocent post/query went off the tracks real fast!

I passed due to cost and the insane shipping to Florida. I don’t need pretty wood cases and that is the only way to get the wine. I have a bought every vintage offered.

Let’s back up a second here:

Alan posted that the latest HORSEPOWER release doesn’t seem that popular

I looked in Commerce Corner, saw there were a total of 9 bottles being offered, plus Alan was offering his up as well

I asked him if 9 bottles plus his allocation equaled not that popular, and if he was trying to draw attention to his offer (so that he could stay on the list, as he has since admitted to).

Alan got all up in arms, and went off on my attitude (who is attacking whom, William with symbols in his last name??)

I responded that he seemed to be singling out Horsepower specifically, and if he meant this as a general comment, why wasn’t the topic titled that way? You will note that most of the responses were also directed specifically at/about Horsepower (Arnold being the exception).

Whether he wants to admit it or not, Alan has a habit of accusing wineries of a variety of crimes/slights. I was well aware of this, so no William, I did not go back and research his history in Commerce Corner. I did go back and check to make sure I had the right names of the wineries Alan had accused. Those winery names are posted above. While checking those posts, I discovered that Alan had also put his Horsepower allocation up the year before. I noted that to show that Alan didn’t suddenly find the latest release unpopular - he had already gone there.

Frankly, I don’t really care what Alan does or doesn’t do in Commerce Corner. Others have had issues with some of his practices there, and have posted to that affect.

The only points I was trying to make was: 1) The Horsepower offer wasn’t “flooding” Commerce Corner; 2) If he meant his post as a general theme, why single out Horsepower. It’s really that simple.

Alan chose to make this personal. He also has a history of spewing vitriol. I will not be heartbroken if our paths never cross, believe it or not.

+1

In agreement