2014 SE Released today

Edit:

Got the email this morning.

Appears to be up from last year. $2850 for the 3 pack vs. $2550 last year.

I guess I did not make the list yet.

Unless I got a deal last year, it’s up $100/bottle. I paid $2,550 last year for the 2013.

I updated my post. I think I was thinking the total that I paid. Yea, they increased $300 this year.

[head-bang.gif]

Do you guys drink them all?
Sell one to pay for the others?
Sell them?

Back to back RP100?

Nope, the 2012 was the most recent RP100. The '13 was 97+ and the 14 is 97.

$1,041.18 per bottle delivered after tax and shipping.

I can buy a case of damn good wine for that amount!!

This is correct…

But but… it comes with a wood case!

You’re acting like this wine is for drinking.

Don’t understand the hype. They make up to 1,000 cases. Recent reviews are good, not great, and the wine itself is just another well made Napa Cab. $900+ a bottle? And 2k a bottle on the secondary market? I get that they were the 1st true cult wine, but that should have worn off by now, no?

Silly me… what was I thinking???

The wine’s made for pobega-ing!

many get consumed

I drink them on very special occasions and they are some of my favorite expressions of New World Cab. Second Flight are opened much more frequently in our home though.

That said, no different that Pappy Van Winkle. For the price is the 23 worth $1800 on the secondary?! No way. I enjoy bottles 20% the price way more. Doesn’t mean that there aren’t enough rich people out there willing to spend money to own them.

Has anyone been added to the list recently? If so, when did you sign up?

I heard this second hand that the last batch of members added had originally signed up in 2006 and they were added 4 years ago

I signed up in 2007 and have not seen any offers… Emailed them back in 2015 and they told me nobody has been added in quite some time.