2015 Kosta Browne out

Looks like they held the line on prices this year:

Sonoma Coast, Russian River Vly, and Santa Lucia Highlands Pinot Noirs all $68/btl
Chardonnay One Sixteen at $62/btl.

Magnums of SC and RRV available by wish list at $175/btl.

The Chardonnay is up $4, from $58 last year to $62. The Pinot Noirs were bumped $4 last year. My allocations of the SC and RRV were what I expected based on past orders, but my SLH was cut significantly and the Chardonnay was a bit higher. What do others’ allocations look like ?

I used to get a six pack every year, now I’m down to four. I was only allocated one bottle of SLH due to reduced yields in 2015. I hope they grant my wish for one more. Cheers!

4th year receiving allocations. Still at 3 RRV & 3 SC Pinot Noir. Always max out but no wish list, never been offered SLH

Been buying since the 2002 vintage. Got allocated 6 chard, 4 RRV, 3 SLH, and 19 SC.
Bought most of the pinots… passed on the chards this year.

My mistake re chardonnay - you’re right.

I got one more Chard (3) than last year’s order (2). Perhaps making up for the reduction from 4 to 2 of SLH (“You have a reduced allocation as a result of highly limited production this vintage.”)

19 SC? Holy smokes.

Been a buyer for a long time!!!

Does anyone know how long the wait list is these days?

Yeah . . . I had gotten up to 12 of both SC and RRV, but have cut back from that. If you wish list more each year there’s a decent chance it seems you’ll get a couple extra bottles, which you can then build upon in successive years.

Signed up a year and a half ago, got an allocations n last year and passed. Do t get emails anymore. My tastes skew towards Burgundy these days, so the only PN I buy in California are Rhys and Peay and a little Sojourn…

First allocation this year. My allocation is:
2 x Chard
2 x RRV
2 x SC

I got this same offer. Drank a 2013 RRV the other day in anticipation of the offer and found it had a bit too much fruit and cola for my taste. Passed on my offer and will probably be dumped next time. C’est la vie.

Joe,
Unless your taste is firmly desiring Burgundy or Oregon styled - lighter - wines, your experience was likely because you were drinking this wine so young. While they are a bit bigger than others, they really are elegant and quite nice with about four or more years on them (or if you cannot do that, some real air exposure to soften things up). If I recall correctly, the harvest was way down in '15 so allocations may have been smaller than before. I’d suggest you try 2 SC and 1 RRV and see how you like them in 2019 or with a long decant.

Perhaps, but IMO they are overpriced and nothing special any longer. And have bought Cirq (since inception), so it’s not like I am not willing to pony up for CA Pinot.

I’ve also purchased Cirq since inception, but with last year’s 25% increase, that’s going to change!!

I hear ya. Will reevaluate at the time of the next offer. Do think those '14’s might be pretty darn good though.

Thanks, Bruce. I really do appreciate the recommendation. Unfortunately, due to the fullness of my cellar, KB is competing for a VERY SMALL spot in my Pinot purchases. I know a couple locals who will continue to get them (wink, wink).

Yields were down significantly in 2015…

In for 1 of each probably, if not just SC and SLH. RRV blend is a bit much for me at this point. Prices on the secondary market are so strong I don’t see this brand fading for a while there and the wait list for SVD bottles is close to 4-5 years I believe still.