Pontet Canet's Mount Veeder Estate Named...

Pontet Canet’s Mount Veeder estate (Robin William’s former estate) was just named; Pym-Rae (Robin William’s two kid’s middle names). Their website is live but not much information is on it. Just signed up for the mailing list. Anyone else excited? Hopefully it doesn’t follow the Harlan/SE pricing.

I believe Robert Craig’s Mount Veeder is mostly (if not all) this vineyard. Or their vineyard is close…I forget.

Also, there’s quite a bit of it in Vineyard 29’s Cru. (Disclaimer: I am a former Vineyard 29 employee)

In case that piques anyone’s interest.

I joined . What’s another Napa mailing list?

Robert Craig’s Veeder was indeed coming from this vineyard, until purchased by PC. R. Craig bought a neigboring property to continue a Veeder bottling.

About $150/btl. :wink:

Never said I was buying!!

That was really odd. The form popped up an email on my iPad and it sent a clear text password. For people who like to reuse passwords I would advise not using a password you have on a sensitive account.

Huh. When I hit “submit,” it opens an old email program and submits it completely non-securely. So, yeah, be careful about that.

Are they only making a second wine?

Yeah, it’s not a great operation in terms of security (yet). It’s just a basic email form. I still signed up.

Passwords aren’t a required field on the submission form/email.

Signed up too, but they really need to pay their web guy to make a form that submits their information to them without making you send it as a plain text email. Even beginners at web pages know how to do that! Yikes.

also needs proofreading

I felt like the spelling mistakes lent it some French authenticity.

“Please enter ze Adress here s’il vous plait and we will zend you all ze wines”

interesting that their untested, no-track-record Napa wine is substantially more than – nearly double the price of – their venerable bdx wine.

Neal… How do you know the price they are asking?

Referenced above. Although maybe that wasn’t serious

Gotcha… I have no idea what the wine will sell for, but depending on the vintage, as there is a lot more PC produced, perhaps 10-1 is the ratio, I imagine the Napa wine will be more expensive.

If it’s more than $100/bottle and untested; I’m out on principle.

+1.