TN: 2013 Myriad Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer Dr. Crane Vineyard

Posted from CellarTracker

I have the 2013 Elysian. Been holding off on opening because it feels too soon. Hearing your report on your 2013 makes me want to pop and pour mine now!

How was yours? Would it have benefitted from more bottle time?

I have 2 more in the cellar, I’m sure they will benefit from cellar time, but this is offering a lot of pleasure right now. I decanted for an hour.

Sit on your Elysian for a while longer. It’s so overpowering right now you could not do it justice with a 24 hr decant.

1 Like

After five hours of air and on the last glass (of course…) this bottle finally began to shine. Prior to that I was disappointed to say the least. I only had one bottle of the Elysian, but have a couple of the standard Dr. Crane left. Makes me seriously wonder if I should hold the rest of my 2013’s and start on my 2014’s? Cheers!

I think the '12’s are drinking beautifully now. I’ve never decanted these more than few hours so maybe I’m missing something.

1 Like

I have a few of the '13 Cranes and Elysian’s. Good to see a note on these as I have been wondering how the '13’s are coming around.
I can say the '14 Elysian I drank a few months back was ready and did not disappoint with a few hours of air. I might have to try a '13 Crane over the holidays.

I drank a ‘14 Elysian last Christmas that was fabulous. The ‘13s are more wound up.

Thanks for the heads-up, Brian.