Herman Story Release

This should get a lot of action on this board… [cheers.gif]

Anyone make it by HS and taste their recent releases? Have any favorites? I’m planning on adding to my club shipment but haven’t had a chance to get to Paso to taste the newly available wines. I can go by Russel’s tasting notes, but was hoping maybe someone else out there may have an opinion.

Thanks!

I just dropped their club, actually. Love their wines, but my wife says I can’t have everything.

Yeah, can’t buy it all. I didn’t buy from the recent Carlisle release. Plan on buying from them in the future, but three offerings/year is just too much.

RE: HS… well I can’t go wrong adding on some Nuts and Bolts. And Milk and Honey is different and good. The two Bien Nacidos are probably really good, but more $$. I’ll probably add on the N&B and M&H to make it a case.

Story is one of my faves. Great PQR.

Are the wines offered at a discount from retail pricing? I like the wines, but easy local retail availability has stopped me from buying direct.

HS wines from the club are priced right! They treat their mailing list like gold, they really get it! Three HS wines that stand for me are Bien Navido Grenache and Syrah plus the Smash City Pinot. FYI Russell From - founder and winemaker will be in Clearwater Friday, February 17 doing a tasting and bottle signing.

It’s 20% off to club members. Works for me as I don’t have a lot of time searching around for equal prices at retail.

Smash City Pinot is really nice but not part of this offering. Not a typical pinot but I like variety. I would imagine some of the AFWE palate’s on this forum would spit it up all over their shirts, but that just means more for the rest of us that appreciate it! neener

Maybe I’ll add two N&B, two M&H and one each of the Bien Nacido grenache and syrah to round out the case.

Love being part of the Herman Story club. Haven’t had a wine we haven’t like. Added 6 One Hit Wonders to my order at the suggestion of Chris from HS, he has yet to steer me wrong!

Also, Smash City is the bomb! (Literally a fruit bomb, holy crap)

+1 Casual Encounters!

Casual Encounters is my favorite Herman Story wine followed so closely by Nuts and Bolts.

No idea how the Smash City PN is but I have two that I added last round to fill a case. Sounds like I should open one. :slight_smile:

I think that all the Herman Story wines are very good. They certainly are reasonably priced. Several years ago we visited the winery and got to drink with Russell. He’s a hoot that’s for sure.

Really enjoy Herman Story wines. The mailing list was great; however, I can get them locally so substituted with a mail order only list. Visited the tasting room in Paso this last summer, and it was a really good time.

Added 6 more Bien Nacido, 3 of each. Might not be done.

Smash City for those that haven’t yet tried, jump in, get all you can. Like no other! Once you get over the notion of a traditional Pinot, whatever that is, you’ll never think of Pinot quite the same. Only Russell could make this wine.