Mark Boldizsar achieves local wine fame...

A nice little feature on Mark B. in the Newberg Graphic

http://www.pamplinmedia.com/nbg/144-features/344021-224170-white-on-wine-life-made-richer-through-magical-wine-connections

Love this part:

Put simply, life is richer with wine.

It’s more expensive, too. On the Wine Berserkers thread, David Bueker, a Riesling fanatic in Connecticut, thanked wine for “amazing friendships coupled with staggering credit card bills.” Many promptly agreed.

Yay!

Two superlative winos!

Come back, Mark.

This is my favorite part, and true…“I’ve never met a miserly wine lover.”

Cute! Thanks for posting that, Todd!

Yeah, what happened to Mark?

I heard he got an infection from his toilet

I think some folks on here got on him for posting drunk party photos. That is about the last time I remember him posting.

If he had done that with a bunch of old wine fart men, he’d have been showered with accolades and given the Grand Berserker tiara! [berserker.gif]

Where are you Mark Boldizar :slight_smile:. I met him at Bern’s 1-2 years ago - lol.

For sure. [berserker.gif]

16 bottle chardonnay blow out, greatest thread ever. The toilet and tile job, priceless.

The article is from an Oregon newspaper. Did he move to the west coast?

February 9, 2017 | 2:13 PM
‘Emergency’ Declared at Seattle Treatment Plant; Raw Sewage Flowing Into Puget Sound

KING COUNTY / RELEASE: West Point Treatment Plant is operating in emergency bypass mode as a result of an equipment failure that occurred at about 2 a.m. on Thursday morning, Feb. 9, during heavy rainfall and high tides. Crews are responding to restore operations.

To protect the treatment plant from significant flooding that could severely damage equipment, West Point is operating in emergency bypass mode. Untreated wastewater is being discharged from the outfall, about three-quarters of a mile offshore and 240 feet deep in Puget Sound.

It was written by David White.

Is David in Oregon now? I thought that he was based in DC?

Columnist must not have read any of the Maison Ilan threads.

Name mis-spelled.

Awesome…love of fine wine coupled with berserkers has basically given me friends everywhere in the world.

Todd: Thanks for the blast from the past! This was written (and published) in September 2014. Not sure why the Newberg newspaper sat on it for three years before publishing!

HA! Well, it’s a ‘local’ paper…guess someone found the article at the bottom of the pile when cleaning off a desk…