60-year-old Châteauneuf @5 francs a bottle; Lamb Kebab Pizza

Despite the propensity for criminals and jealous assholes to be attracted to me wherever I go, there are some interesting events that manage to sneak through the misery.

On that depressing note, a window into Europe: Geneva Switzerland. Specifically, the Plainpalais open market. Only in Europe can you find 60-year-old Châteauneuf for sale at 5 francs a bottle to enjoy with Lamb Kebab Pizza. The fills were frightening and little hope for anything but pouring them down the drain likely. This was the case for two out of three of the bottles. The one with the best fill: Chanut Freres Châteauneuf Du Pape (No Vintage Visible) managed to be drinkable.

Tasting Note:

Chanut Freres Châteauneuf Du Pape (No Vintage Visible)
Browning, maderized notes, and quickly fading. The finish is less than 5 seconds in length. This wine still retains the characteristics of Châteauneuf despite its decent into oblivion. The wine is drinkable, but only for two glasses before completely falling apart. The two glasses provide a surprisingly well suited pairing with the Lamb Kebab Pizza, if only that the thought of such a pairing during the production years of the wine unfathomable. For 15 francs (for the three bottles) and 10 francs for the Lamb Kebab Pizza, it remains a relative bargain for the experience.
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

In addition to the criminals and assholes, the pairing police will probably be after you for matching pizza to CNDP.

I’m shocked you couldn’t find any decent sashimi to pair with your wine. What a waste.

Pizza and CDP is a great match, Arv. [scratch.gif] Lamb pizza…where do I sign up?