Seafood gumbo tonight- what to pair with it?

Fish, crab, shrimp and Andouille- what to pair with it???

That’s delicious-sounding dinner!

I’m just guessing here, and based on slight similarity with bouillabaisse, I’d likely look for a rosé or white from Bandol.

That’s on the menu for us as well tonight. Thinking either dry riesling, Pepiere Briords or a Cotat Sancerre cul de Beujeu that I just happen to have on deck. Typically I just go with beer though.

white chateauneuf.

I prefer andouille with poultry in gumbo because it tends to dominate the delicacy of seafood. Sweet mitigates spice: I’d go with a Riesling Spatlese.

I’d suggest a Austrian smaragd gruner veltliner. Has a lot of similar aspects to a Sancerre but perhaps a touch more richness and a less overt greenness.

If it has a tomato base, try the Terre Nere Etna Rosso with a 2-3 hour splash decant. It is my go to with mediterranean fish stew.

Honestly, I’d probably would have a nut brown ale or something else with a spine. Even a Guinness

Probably not cheese.

+1. Beer would be my first choice. I don’t believe in trying too hard with pairings, or red Burgundy.

Abita

Zinfandel.

[cheers.gif]

Beaujolais Villages from a good grower.

Man I love gumbo. Depends on how spicy it is. Perhaps a light, crisp rose or white if not spicy. Can’t go wrong with a good beer either way.

definitely have a nice “maine beer Company” I like the one called MO

its light and super refreshing without being a gorilla hops

How dark the roux? If dark, then something akin to Pinot Noir. If more blonde, then rose or Riesling.

White wine from Sicily might be good fit … Etna bianco … pairs well with the seafood, with mineral and savory notes.

The spice quotient on the Andouille is a big factor. Probably a little kick, so I’d probably use the Indian food catalog. Slightly off-dry Riesling or Chenin, the pairs-with-almost-anything bubbly, or most likely on this night a Louisiana beer.

I like to pair stewy Cajun dishes with spice with sweeter Huet.