Suggestions for a wedding rosé

Hi all,

I’m planning a morning wedding in June, and we’re going to be having a brunch reception–think omelettes and crepes and the like. There will be prosecco, mimosas, bloody Mary’s and beer, but I haven’t picked a wine yet.

Given that it’s a late spring/early summer day, I think a rosé would be a nice all purpose wine. We expect about 120 people, so the wine will have to be readily available for purchase–as much as I’d love to pour bedrock, matthiasson, and the like, I don’t think they have 4-5 cases on hand for me to gobble up.

I’d appreciate any suggestions you all might have, and it’d be nice to keep it around or below $20/bottle.

You can easily buy 5 cases of Bedrock rose for around $20 or less. For example: 2016 Bedrock Wine Company "Ode to Lulu" California Rosé - SKU 1293784

Try Red Car rosé. Always a crowd pleaser. Even the bottle/label is pretty and gets some attention. Check wine-searcher for retailers … can usually find bottles for $18-22/bottle (which is cheaper than going through the winery directly) and I’m sure there are probably some retailers with case discounts that will bring the price down a bit more, too.

Also Lioco makes a really nice rosé at about the same retail price.

Assuming you are purchasing these at retail and buying somewhere around 4 cases of rosé why not consider sampling what is avail a few weeks out from the event and then (same day) purchasing 3 or 4 different bottlings?
To lock in your rosé “tasting” for your wedding bar.

+1 on the Red Car/ Yup, the winery direct price is $25 but I buy them for $20.

Domaine Triennes is a lovely provencal style rose that is usually available around $15. A crowd pleaser and very food friendly with bright acid and sunny strawberries and watermelon.

Ameztoi Txakoli Rose is my go to and I have purchased it for 2 weddings of friends. Can be had for less than $20 and is great. And if there are any bottles left over, lucky you!

This is a perfect suggestion.

I’ve always liked Bila Haut rose for value.

+1 on Ametzoi

Also, the Commanderie de la Bargemone Coteaux d’Aix-en-Provence is great value at $12-13 / bottle.

The other reason to taste first is that you’re likely to end up with a lot of it afterwards.

Stepping outside the WB bubble, the percentage of people who drink rose, especially with brunch, is very low. Especially in a public setting and when an assortment of other booze is available, guys aren’t going to want to look chicky, etc.

I’m not saying it’s right, I’m just saying it’s probably so. And in case I’m right and you have 23 bottles left over, it might as well be your favorite $15 rose of all.

Virage. Emily Richer is a member here. Not sure if she can accommodate, but she receives stellar reviews for her Rose. It’s quite nice.

Try Jean-Luc Colombo’s rose as well. It’s a sturdy, tasty rose at 9-10 dollars a bottle. Will mix well with prosecco and strawberries.

Tavel!

That assumes it’s going to be a hetero wedding!

I like Muga rose (rosado) at around ~$13/bottle.

Where do you guys find these spanish roses? I can’t find any for the life of me. I’ve been looking everywhere for the ldh rose.

Ametzoi is a great idea. Bastide Blanche Bandol. You may be able to get a deal on Gros Nore for just under $20 and it’s lovely.

Muga is pretty widely available. And it’s what I’d call Provencal in style and nothing like LdH.

LdH won’t be easy to find. The latest release is 2001 but there are no bottles for sale in the USA per WS pro.