TN: 2015 Rivers-Marie Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast

• 2015 Rivers-Marie Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (3/8/2017)
    Wish I could buy cases of this stuff! Exactly what I look for in Calif Pinot Noir…and I don’t have to spend $100’s of dollars for! The 15 is another winner…not as stemmy funk show as the 14(which I loved!), more subtle and integrated with the pretties of flowers and sweet earth. The fruit is bright candied and liqueured reds…cherry, raspberry, cranberry, rhubarb…tart and savory, but does darken up with some air. KILLER spices and florals in this…sassafras, cinnamon stick, cedar smoke, cherry blossoms, red licorice…ALL balanced to a 1000 thread count sheet of SMOOTH! The best QPR wine made in Ca. period! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Glad to hear this wine is that good right out the gates … if only there was more to go around.

We haven’t even gotten our '15 shipment yet! Way to Pobega the wine and glad it is another good vintage.

Thanks for the note. I just recieved mine today! So looking forward to it.

Buzz, thanks for the TN. You and I are the only writers that have posted on this wine to date in CT so I’ll add to your note above, posting mine here, too. It has all the classic RM markers, and it has some structure to hold it all in place.

• 2015 Rivers-Marie Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (12/26/2016)
    This needed some air to move all the pieces together and the last glass was terrific. Spice cake, clove, dried raspberry, some light pinot funk, orange peel, dark plum and terrific structure. Has the classic saturated feel of the RM style with a great frame underneath it. This is a terrific bottling of RM SC and based on how this showed, I’ll go heavier this year on my order.

Mine are on the way to the East Coast.

Frank, I wish we could go heavier too but RM doesn’t do tiered allocations so unfortunately even those who would love to load up on particular bottlings have to settle for a max of 3. One of the drawbacks of very small production wines, especially in a low yield vintage. On the bright side at least we all have some of this delicious wine [swoon.gif]

Yep…I’d be a case buyer if it was possible.

Patrick, I spread my order across 3-4 bottlings, as I enjoy the Ox, Summa, Summa OV and the SC. One thing to mention…from the event we held here at the house last month, we had the 2015 Silver Eagle out and it was fantastic. I didn’t buy any this time but if you have some from your order, I suspect you are going to like it a lot.

The bottlings you mention are the exact same ones that I typically buy with the new inclusion of Bearwallow which I know you are a fan of as well. I’ve passed on Silver Eagle the last couple vintages, sounds like that was a mistake.

I liked this wine!

great QPR wine. Had the 2010 SC at my wedding as the red wine of the night. Was a hit!!

Great note and I agree great QPR!

Nice people, too.

It’s a great QPR. I opened one last night and this needs to sleep for a couple of years. It is like a barrel sample right now. There is some stuffing behind the oak, but it needs time.

Excellent QPR in Cali pinot, year over year. I have not tried the 2015’s (yet!).

If people can’t get more than 3 btls per person how did you get it as a wedding wine?? :wink:

I begged a lot of ppl for their allocations :wink:

Has this over the past 2 nights, totally agree, fantastic bottle of wine! Really opened up on night 2.

• 2015 Rivers-Marie Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (3/13/2017)
    The first night on this I was suspicious, seemed close that what I expect from a Rivers but not quite… Have I been spoiled by the SV? Second night… Beautiful, singing, floral nose, spice, bright fruit, hint of orange, it’s got it all. Wish I had a whole case of this… Couldn’t agree with Buzz any more. (94 pts.)

i love this wine in all the vintages I’ve bought it. such a great value.