Looking for <$35 bottle summer whites

Looking for a good white summer quaffer, crisp, light, citrus, but with some interest (I want it all!). Drinking some 2013 Rhys Alesia Alder Springs chard right now, but I’m almost out and forgot to put an order in for the 750s and now they’re sold out. I like this style chard, like Chablis, like Sauv Blanc. Bring me your best suggestions and thanks in advance!

Let me the first of many to suggest 1er 2014 Chablis.

Drop the price to <$20 and drink Pepiere Clos des Briords.

Drops mic…

Yeah, I’ve seen the threads and they look great. Problem for me is access. I’m in Texas and so Chablis isn’t readily available. Was at my local Total Wine and they has a small handful of producers, many of which I didn’t recognize: Cheneviere, Chatelaine, Pascal Bouchard, Simonet Febvre…any of these decent?

Thanks, but I don’t know if I can source these in Texas. [sigh]

I’ve had good luck with Simonet-Febvre. If you can locate some Servin, especially the MdT, you would probably be happy.

Reverdy Sancerre.

Is shipping not possible to TX?

You can, you’ll just have to get a shop to special order it. A few years ago it was handled by Pioneer Wine Company.

Also, sign up for the Massican mailing list, I think he’s bottling soon and releasing in May.

How precious.

Pretty much no, unless it’s direct from the winery.

Nolan, thanks for Massican reminder. Ordered a few years ago and loved the wines.

Albariño

William Fevre is almost ubiquitous and totally decent. There’s some truth to a rising tide lifting all ships too in a vintage like '14, do it might be worthwhile to experiment with whatever you can get. Do you get WTSO? They sell la Chablisienne, though mostly seeing '15s now unfortunately.

See if Mike Smith has any Quivet sauv blanc left to sell. That’s always delicious. Also, Bedrock’s sauv blanc is quite good. Both are well under $30 direct from the winery.

Myriad Semillon ??

Agree, both nice, thx.

Yes, I tried some of the 2013 and liked it. Not sure why I stopped buying. I get all serious and organized on the reds and then drop the ball on the whites.

any Pepiere muscadet for that matter
Vacheron Sancerre
Ametzoi txakolina
Sigalas or Gaia assyrtiko
st veran

Luckily, there are several Berserkers who make some excellent whites, and who can ship direct to you from the winery. Vincent (Vincent Fritzsche), Briceland (Andrew Morris), and Goodfellow/Matello (Marcus Goodfellow) immediately come to mind. All will easily fit your price requirement, I’m sure there are many more. (Hint: don’t ignore their reds).