Groupon for Wine Spectator

$15 for 15 issues… saw this on the CT forum.

thanks, this is good bathroom reading for a buck an issue. Matt kramer is at least worth .50.

Thanks - good deal!

The next issue is on Chateauneuf du Pape. Perfect for bathroom reading, for sure.

Is that brett I detect? Or something else… hitsfan

Thanks, a good deal.

Awesome deal, thanks for posting!

No brainer at $15

Just be careful of buying any of their add on subscriptions, which look superficially ‘cheap’ for $2.

What these kinds of companies try to do is use that bait to get your credit card info, and then book renewals at crazy prices.

We had a family member with dementia who was constantly falling for that kind of crap, and had lots of $400 People magazine subscriptions to cancel after they had passed away.

I looked through the T&C of the WS offer, and it didn’t seem like there was any auto renewal risk. They do state that they will email you after the 15 issues are up to request a renewal. But presumably they don’t have any billing method, since Groupon kept that for themselves. (That’s the whole thing behind the voucher # nonsense, and the two step set up process)

Funny, I am not getting this. All I get is,
“Not yet available”

same here, “not yet available”…is it sold out, maybe?

“Not Available” for me as well.
IMHO - it isn’t worth $50 but isn’t bad for $15.
I give this deal 70 points!

expired most likely

You could always get it for free on https://www.rewardsurvey.com, even if you sign up and always answer with some BS information. Just make sure you don’t hand over any CC information and you’re golden. That’s how I’ve been getting my subscription for years.

Wait- really? That is a legit thing?

Nice Harvey! Just got a year’s worth of Sports Illustrated for a five minute survey on socks.

Totally legit. How they get you is with those cheap “add-on subscriptions”. They’ll renew you at full price every year after that and it’s almost impossible to stop the subscriptions. If you don’t hand over any CC information, you’re good to go.

I was weary at first, but at the price of $0, figured it was worth a shot. Took about a month or two for the magazines to come in.

Groupon is very exclusive. Sort of like the Screagle List. Maybe next year.

I usually use my old airline mile points via MagsforMiles. Usually 900 to 1200 miles for 1 year and apply every 11 months to avoid missing an issue.

+1