TN: 2015 Dirty and Rowdy Mourvedre Skinner White Oak Flats Vineyard

2015 Dirty and Rowdy Mourvedre Skinner White Oak Flats Vineyard - USA, California, Sierra Foothills, El Dorado County (3/25/2017)
There is a spectrum for the Dirty & Rowdy Mourvèdre wines, ranging from the light and fruity to the sappy but still medium bodied. This one falls somewhere in the middle, closer to the light and fruity side of the street. Clear red fruit aromas eventually give way to some floral and faintly herbal tones. It’s soft and fresh in the palate, with most of the structure coming from acid versus any real tannic backbone. With only 12% alcohol it’s very easy to drink, and seems to be a more short-term bottling rather than one to lay down for a few years.

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice. Thanks for the note. I had my first D&R Mo a few weeks ago. The Antle Vineyard 2014 and after a few hours of air, it was delicious and compelling.

Jason

2015 Dirty and Rowdy Mourvèdre Skinner White Oak Flats Vineyard - USA, California, Sierra Foothills, El Dorado County (5/13/2020)
– decanted 2.25 hours before initial taste –
– tasted non-blind over 4 hours –

NOSE: light red berries; a touch tart; pleasant hint of orange peel.

BODY: violet-garnet color of medium-shallow to medium depth; lots of superfine particulate matter present; light bodied.

TASTE: light, slightly tart, red fruits — red currant; light, juicy bing cherry; a touch savory; quite light and delicate and not up-front/obvious; no funk; 12.2% alc. not noticeable; easy to drink; I have a hard time imagining this will improve from here, so Drink Now.

I opened this today, without a decant. Absolutely gorgeous in the Grassl 1855. It was open and delicious right from the beginning. Red fruit - currants, berries, pomegranate. Enough fruit but no extra sweetness. A hint of blood orange. So fresh on the palate with pleasant acidity. A little tartness on the back end with the slight bitterness of fruit skin. A touch of remaining tannin like from black tea. Becoming more floral with time in the glass.

2 Likes