Rest in Peace Hank Gillespie

I hate to put a damper on sharing wine knowledge but want to let all here know that long time board member and friend Hank Gillespie unfortunately passed last night peacefully. I was fortunate enough to get to know Hank on a personal level over the past several years as both a friend and wine aficionado through the parker board and this board - many great experiences followed and I was lucky enough to be a part of his wonderful and long life. Emotions are strong now and I know they are stronger with his close family and friends which there are many across the world here in the US, Europe, and especially Canada. I can’t help but feel like there is a big void now in the greater consciousness out there that will never be filled with such a generous and kind human being. Just last week I talked to him about the new Dujac Puligny wines and I was going to get one so he could try - to late. I have a special bottle of 2011 DRC Echezeaux that he gifted me on my 40th that will find it’s way onto a dinner table one day to honor a great person - through life must go wine and I know Hank would agree.

I plan on getting some notes of wines into this thread - I think the first will be the 2014 Dujac Puligny Combettes in honor of Hank. RIP my friend!

Terrible news. Loved his contributions on the board. Godspeed

Very sad. I have enjoyed reading his posts for probably 15 years, going back to the old eBob days. RIP, Hank.

RIP Hank. His contributions were great. I know a part of the Tuscon Lunch Bunch is missing now.

I am so sorry to hear this news as well. I never met Hank but always enjoyed his thoughtful and upbeat insights into wine and life. His contributions will be missed, but hopefully his spirit will live on on this board and elsewhere. Rest in peace, my friend.

How terribly sad. Hank posts always reflected a joy for life. May his memory be a blessing.

Condolences to his friends and family.

Bruce

Such terrible news…I too had the opportunity to get to know Hank very well, as part of the Tucson Lunch Bunch. He was a generous and kind human being. He never said a bad word about anyone. My heart goes out to his lovely wife Lorraine. We will miss him!! RIP Hank.

Very sad, we never met but I knew him from his posts for many years. Condolences to all friends and family.

RIP Hank. I always enjoyed your posts and my thoughts are with your family, friends.

I never met Hank, but always thought I would like him if I did. His posts here reflected a balanced sensibility about life and a real appreciation for the good fortune that he experienced. My condolences to his family and friends. May his family draw comfort by how much his decency was valued by this community.
Peter

Very sorry to read this. RIP

Crap. I always enjoyed Hank’s contributions here, he will be missed.

Sorry to hear this. RIP Hank!

[cry.gif]

Rest in peace Hank.

He seemed like a great guy. I always enjoyed his posts. RIP and condolences to his friends and family.

Oh what awful news! Hanks enthusiasm for wine and AZ basketball have been a staple of this board for many many years. I am going to miss our exchanges. RIP friend.

So sorry to hear this news. Never met, but read and shared thoughts with Hank for what must be almost 15 years between wine boards. He was a major influencer in the Alberta wine industry.
RIP.

He always seemed like one of the best of us. We should all make an extra effort to be more like Hank in the coming months and years - that would be the best tribute to the man.

WWHGD?

Never met Hank although almost did in Vancouver once.
Enjoyed his contribution on this board, and condolences to his family and friends.