Suggestions for big, full-throttle Pinot Noirs

What Pinot Noirs would you suggest for someone who likes the bigger full-throttle style Pinot Noirs, e.g., Boar’s View, Kosta Browne?

Thanks!

Wren Hop
Gary Farrell Toboni

Sea Smoke

Just drink Syrah.

In some cases, that may be a significant contributor.

[cheers.gif]

Peter Michael MaDaneuse

Cirq, LWC

Some Loring SVD pinots and AP Vin come to mind.

Any Merry Edwards vineyard-designated bottling would be a great choice. They are awesome wines.

Colin

P.S. Bring your wallet. [cheers.gif]

Luli
Shane
Red Stitch
Paul Hobbs
Lucia
Kanzler
Radio Coteau
Westerhold
Belle Gloss Los Alturus (Joey Wagner swore there wasn’t any Syrah in it)

My first thought was Oxymoron. Then I began to wonder. “power” is an interesting concept. Many red burgs have a subtle kind of power … will be interested to see where this thread goes.

Belle Glos is what came to mind for me, too.

Pisoni Estate is a great big Pinot without getting some of the gloopy coke character of some Kosta Brownes, the Lucia bottlings are also great.

Alan, I would also agree with you in that the Lucia PNs are IMO not within the big, throttled style. I occasionally will dip in and buy some of the Lucia Soberanes, which I do like and for sure, it ain’t Belle Glos. For the amount of times I have tasted or had the Belle Glos wines poured for me in the past 3-4 years, they are just not to my liking but many do like them, because of the power and throttle. For me, they fit this thread perfectly.

Aubert.

Herman Story “Smash City” might be as full throttle as they come.

Marcassin, if that is really what you want. Martinelli, Dumol, Dutton-Goldfield.
Belle Glos was my first thought too.

P Hickner

Goodfellow Family Estate wines.

:astonished:

Maybe posting 1.5 Manhattans in results in stuff like the above. Yeah, no, Marcus makes wines that are nowhere near this profile. Really, Oregon is out other than a winery or two here.