Help with steak house wine list

What would you grab off this list? I frequent this place when in town, but I am never happy with the offerings. I can not bring my own bottles. https://dashboard.onpremisewine.com/restaurants/317/wines

Drink beer, but otherwise I would try the Ch Musar.

Agree. Have a cold one.

2009 Clos du Val in magnum ONLY* - $ 499

http://www.binnys.com/wine/Clos_du_Val_Cabernet_Sauvignon_53477.html

• = ONLY a 713% mark-up

Seems like a pretty ‘play it safe’ list in the Cab section. That is to say, very mainstream choices with nothing that would astound nor offend a palate.

So far I’d be inclined towards…

2012 Louis Latour Corton Domaine Latour

That list is a joke, but, the Musar is a glaring stand-out.

Maybe just get a glass of something and skip the bottle.

iced tea and tell them their list sucks.

I don’t believe the 2012 Musar is released yet. It has to be one of the other bottlings (Hochar or Jeune) Unfortunately, I have seen that on a few lists with Musar.

2012 Musar at 56, though I’m guessing it’s the second wine.

Gotta love the idea that Insignia at 2.5X retail is a “sommelier’s lagniappe.”
But I guess since most of the rest of the list seems to be 3X-4X …
I agree based on rest of list that it’s likely actually not Ch. Musar, but the Hochar or Jeune bottling.

If you want something decent, Amorio isn’t bad for what they’re asking. Bin 389 also seems reasonably priced.

2011 Château Mont-Redon “Châteauneuf du Pape” is a good steak wine.

They offer Red Zinfandel. Classy joint! Seriously though the pricing made me cringe. There must be other options in that town. Right?

I’m happy that my local Ruth Chris’s allows byob…

No BYO at Ruth’s Chris? I can bring to the NYC and Westchester locations with minimal corkage and they are happy to see me.

I agree on the Musar, but it is probably not the first wine.The Siduri if you like pinot?

At that price and vintage it would be Either the Hochar or Jeune.

A bottle of the Musar is almost the same price as a half glass of the 2011 Insignia? Highway robbery.

Some decent deals in Merlot

Swanson
Gundlach Bundschu
Silverado

Also

2001 Faustino I
Ernie Els (but going S African would be adventurous if you’ve not had many from there)

I think the Latour Corton might be the best buy on that list.

+1 especially if you can persuade them to decant 8 hours in advance… it’s going to be young and tight.