Bird-related Wine Corks!

Greetings!

I collect wine corks with bird-related themes (long story… I love wine, and birds, and I have a 33-year-old companion parrot).

I have 60-plus (no duplicates) corks, and among them, two “mysteries” (unidentified corks), which were sent to me by a buddy who can’t recall the brands.
Would you please take a look and tell me if you recognize them?
MANNN, I wish I had decided to collect bird-related wine LABELS… then I wouldn’t have to buy the bottle to get a look at the cork!

Thank you for looking! And thanks to those of you who replied to me elsewhere on this subject.
:slight_smile: Gila

(2 views)

(collection)

2 Likes

Although I’ve never even seen the wine, let alone the cork, that latter one looks a little penguin like - could it be the Little Penguin brand?

1 Like

I think both are from really cheap bottles. The first looks like Crane Lake and the second, as Ian said, is Little Penguin, I believe.

1 Like

Screaming Eagle? Only a guess . . . .

1 Like

The first one is Tefft Cellars from Washington.

1 Like

Ian, it’s not Little Penguin… there are some examples bundled up in a rubber band in the photo of the collection… I wish I could post a gigantic picture so you could see all the lables.
ki1, I have a Crane Lake, too (with logo/label), and it’s not that. Yeah, they probably are cheap… my buddy just bought them to try to score me some bird corks.
Oooooh, Neal… I’d love it to be a Screaming Eagle… that’s probably the most coveted, expensive bird-related wine. I haven’t seen the cork, so not sure what’s on it. I keep an eye out on eBay, where the empties go for a thousand bucks or so.
Ryan… I don’t think so…

(Tefft)
It is very similar, buttttttt…
Thanks, folks.
You are all very indulgent of me and my weird hobby!!!

A Tribute to Grace wines have Hummingbirds on the end of their corks.
IMG_3903.JPG
IMG_3902.JPG

1 Like

Brian!
Thank you!
That’s beautiful. I will now set about finding and buying a bottle.
Ahhhh, the quest…

Wilde Farm Wines
IMG_7203.JPG

2 Likes

WHOAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Breath-taking tour-de-force cork!

Must have! Must have!!!

Ravenswood: (this one is 21 years old, so forgive the staining)
IMG_4909.JPG

1 Like

How can I have forgotten that? newhere

1 Like

''Tis a righteous and most just quest. To inflame thy noble liver whilst foraging for corks! Aye, y’er a brave one, no doubt!

2 Likes

what if there is no picture of a bird but domaine is named for one? Domaine de Perdrix, for example? Do you need a picture on the cork? Will start looking!

1 Like

Rivers-Marie, there is a bird on the label, also on the cork?? I thought so. Maybe I’ll have to open a bottle to check.

Sorry, I cannot help identify those in the picture.

1 Like

I found a lovely bird getting tips with the arbor mist.
IMG_1684.JPG

1 Like

Rama and Brian… I have some Ravenwood corks from the 2000s, but that beauty is vintage!!!

Bearataur… ummm… let’s see if I can do this…
Forsooth, thou mighty ursequine, indeed, 'tis a mighty multi-tasking mania: I besot my innards whilst collecting cutpurse corks!
Okay, yours was better.
Gorgeous African Grey there!!!

Alan… any bird reference… picture or domaine must be MINE!!! Love your name — Wine-berg!

Scott… thanks! And yeah, there is many a slip 'twixt the label and the cork! Eeeek, Bearataur got me started.

Y’all are a hoot!!!

I feel like nerding out and posting a list of all the brands I have so far… but first, I will need some (you guessed it) wine. I think list-making calls for a playful, zippy rose.

hiccup

BIRD CORKS (I THINK I listed 'em all… OMG I’m such a nerd)

Domestic (USA)
Ravenwood, 7 variations
Duckhorn, 2 variations
Hahn/RexGoliath, 5 variations
RdV, 2 variations
Renwood, 3 variations
Covey Run, 2 variations
Heron
GooseCross
Duck Pond
Goose Watch
Silver Decoy
Jones of Washington
Duck Walk
Hawk Crest
Winking Owl
Kestrel
Bogle

Foreign (not USA), in no particular order
Little Penguin (Australia) 4 variations
Stobi (Macedonia)
Uccelliera/Montalcino (Italy)
Red Tail Ridge (Canada)
Domaine de la Mordoree (France) 6 variations
Chateau de Cantigrive (France) 2 variations
Banfi/Belnero (Italy) 2 variations
Varsanyi (Hungary)
Wolf Blass (Australia)
Lucky Duck (Australia)
Black Swan (Australia)
Kanu (S. Africa)
Gerzinic (Croatia)
Varga (Hungary)
Cave de Voleto (Italy)
Chateau La Becasse (France)
Cockatoo Ridge (Australia)
Turkey Flat (Australia)

Idlewild has at least one with a bird on the cork end. The wine is called The Bird!

D@vid… I am ON it… many thanks!!!
I wish I had come to this site a long time ago.
I know of two other people who collect bird corks; one’s in Australia, and one is in Canada. I’m going to give them this URL.
Thanks again!