TN: 2014 Château Lanessan (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Haut-Médoc)

2014 Château Lanessan - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Haut-Médoc (6/8/2017)
$8 for a half bottle, and more wine in that half than in full bottles of 5x the price. Elegant and flavorful Bordeaux that also has an element of austerity. Showing more open than my first bottle a few months ago. Cheap thrills!

Posted from CellarTracker

This is what makes me disagree with people when they say there is no value in Bordeaux anymore.

I’ve been on the fence about buying the 2014…this makes me want to take the plunge!

Thanks, David. I need to grab some of these.

May run to Total Wine this weekend.

Nice! My local retailer just got some of these in and has a case of this on hold for me…better get my but in there…

At $8 a half, I would definitely buy. I waited too long for that price

2015 was $15 for 750s on futures. I bit. Actually wish I had bought halves, as they are very useful mid-week wines.

I just had a bottle of the '14 last weekend.
To me it is substantially better than the 2010.

Picked up a bottle of this last week for $19. Opened up Saturday night, drank half, rest of it to the fridge just putting the cork back in. Agree with above comments, a nice drink. Tonight, two days later, ticked up a notch. Was surprised to see the composite cork, but then my last quantity purchase of this was the '00.

Ugh.

I can’t believe K&L no longer ships to WI! :frowning:

They were the source for Lanessan, especially older vintages.

I just went to a local retailer to pick up a bottle of the 2014 and was surprised to see that they only had the 2015 in stock (13.5% FWIW). I picked up a bottle and will try to open it this weekend. I’ll have to look elsewhere for the 14.

Yea I am surprised that I have not been able to find the 2014 locally. It’s usually a very easy score for me.

I received an email from K & L this morning, they have the 1999 back in stock @ $19.99. Sounds like a good “go to” bottle while others age…

ugh

I think it’s just being rolled out to the state stores now. Of course,it’s also $30.

I opened this last night. Revisited tonight. I have to say this was not a good bottle. It felt like a generic New World cab or Cab Merlot blend. I appreciate that the wine is very young, but I was troubled by the complete lack of structure. I expected tannin, acid, and perhaps a little bit of wood. What I found was a lot of nothing. That said, the wine is very, very young. I will revisit tomorrow night, as the bottle is still mostly full. I appreciate that the wine is very young, but I was troubled by the complete lack of structure. I expected tannin, acid, and perhaps a little bit of wood. What I found was a lot of nothing. That said, the wine is very, very young. I will revisit tomorrow night, as the bottle is still mostly full. I like Lanessan, but in recent vintages I may actually prefer Senejac and for a couple dollars less. It does sound however, as if the wine is showing better out of half, and it may well improve.

very strange, when I opened a 14 a few weeks ago it was nothing BUT structure, tight as can be with acid and tannin up the wazooo. After a double decant and a whole day it opened into a very nice fleshy Medoc, though not much oak, which was to my taste.

That’s good to hear. Will hope other bottles are better, but it does give me pause as to handling before I received the bottles…

Yeah, your bottle does not sound right at all.

My local shop keeps recommending Senejac. I might have to try it.

Had a similar experience. Mine showed very simple on the first night. The structure all came out on night two.