Sleeper vineyard sources?

Took a flyer on some Sleeper Cabernet just offered on Last Bottle. Hype is that this is low production, high quality juice, with famous winemaker. Price was $45…Any guesses as to the source? I have bought Sleeper Sauv Blanc in the past and it was good value for the price.

The branding turns me off immediately. Hope it’s good wine though, Dennis.

They are good, TTB online shows:

TOP IT OFF BOTTLING, TOP IT OFF BOTTLING LLC
201 DEVLIN RD

NAPA CA 94558

SLEEPER CELLARS (Used on label)

CT scores and notes look pretty good.

Rightly or wrongly, I have always been skeptical of wines marketed this way.

I remember a few years ago buying some of the Shelter wines with a similar story and price point and they were great. Worth a flyer IMHO.

+1, and it’s probably because more often than not they do not reach the hype. Some hit quite well though, I recently had the Go Figure Lot 35 (Rutherford Cab 2014), and it was outstanding.

Not saying this isn’t a good buy, but it is getting a little crazy when you start jumping on $45 wine for the value of it.

Yeah, seems silly does it not? but in the days of $300.00 second flight of eagles (mostly merlot) and newly released cabs pushing the $300 mark routinely, this seems to be a reasonable price point for Napa cabs these days.

Second Flight is $250, and I love it :wink:

Which is exactly why I stopped buying Napa cab a long time ago… (exception: Becklyn)

If you can get Second Flight for $250, that’s great. The 2012 and 2013 were $400 on the mailing list.

My business was always based on transparency. If a salesman tried this type of story when I was a Wine Buyer, I would show them the door. Eventually they got the hint.