2017 Rivers-Marie Cab Release

Since all the Chardonnays were included in the Pinot release earlier this year, it’s just 4 Cabs this time around.

We are pleased to announce that the release of our 2015 Rivers-Marie Cabernet Sauvignons will begin one week from today, Tuesday July 18th at 9 AM PST. As in the past, this release is via email only. At the time the offer becomes live, you will receive an email with your username and password.

The offer:

(6) 2015 Rivers-Marie Napa Cabernet Sauvignon – $65/btl
(4) 2015 Rivers-Marie Calistoga Cabernet Sauvignon – $95/btl
(4) 2015 Rivers-Marie Panek Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon – $95/btl
(4) 2015 Rivers-Marie Lore Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon – $125/btl

*Ground shipping is included on all purchases

Does anyone know the source of the Calistoga cab? Is the Herb Lamb coming online in 2016?

Been looking forward to this one.

Can’t wait. Healthy allocation this year too

Surprised since 2015 Napa yields were down.

Thinking about 1 of each of the sub-100 cabs. This would be my first time buying.

Has been on my radar for a couple months now.

First time on the list too. How many should I expect to be allocated?

Edit, nevermind. I see it in the email.

Everybody gets the same allocation…

No Corona this year.

The Calistoga source has been Larkmead in the past, but I’m not sure if it is the current source.

Hard to argue money spent better elsewhere.

And if people actually knew where to better spend under $100 for Napa cab, I would like to know where.

Not sure of the entire Calistoga blend, but Larkmead includes what I believe is from what is essentially their heart-cut for cabernet. Larkmead sells fruit to a number of high-end wineries, but the block that goes to RM is amidst the blocks that yield their best cabs-Lark, Solari, Olmo. I am not all that knowledgeable, but seems like a pretty damned excellent source. Not that the other vineyard sources are less than stellar…

I would suggest jumping on as many as you are comfortable with!

We talked about this when it was first offered, I think it is the block that Ramey used to get.

If possible, at least two of each so you won’t be afraid to kill some infant bottles to get a sense of the line up!

[cheers.gif]

Good plan.

Thanks for all the tips.

myriad & scarlett

I’m really happy to see a healthy allocation. Will be my third year on the list, and my allocation has increased every year. Not every list I buy from does that – it’s a great way to take care of your customers. As with many others, this is one of my favorite CA Cabernets, especially at these price points.

Myriad, Scarlett, Outpost Cab + Immigrant, Bevan Ontogeny, Carter Fortuna, Kobalt, Quivet, Lewis Cab, Tor Cab, Switchback Ridge Cab, Venge Bone Ash, Altamura…