Fruit Bomb Syrahs

Recommend me some, I dare you!

Shiraz included?

Meiomi Pinot Noir.

Of course!

Somebody tell Loren Sonkin to hop on this thread!

:wink:

Westerhold Syrah (Russel Bevin winemaker)
Molly Dooker The Boxer
K Vintners
Tensley

The Las Alturas Pinot should be enjoyed after your fruit bomb Sryah.

I drink a lot of CA Syrah and I love it.
Probably the biggest one I have had is from a tiny winery in Santa Ynez called Imagine. It is pretty pricey.
Herman Story makes some big Syrahs.
I wouldn’t really call these fruit bombs but they will get your attention.
If you want cheap then J. Lohr will do it, also anything from Lodi.

Herman Story from Paso Robles

Randy - Are you serious… IMHO most Washington Syrah is on the savory side compared to California. I buy Tensley occasionally and I find the Colson Canyon to be a winner most vintages.

[rofl.gif]

Shafer Relentless

Tobin James

Orfila Late Harvest Syrah
20% alcohol! :astonished:

I think it’s a little reductive to call them fruit bombs, but the latest iteration of Pax syrahs are powerful wines.

Herman Story, top recommendation because Russell’s wine are meant to be enjoyed - now. At least that’s what he told me, and I agree. Herman story wines are much more than fruit bombers, there are a lot of nuances.

K Vintners – Walla Walla is another label that comes to mind. Wines that can be enjoyed young but do you get much better with some age.

So many more big wonderful Syrah’s like Reynvaan - absolute favorite, but I am disciplining myself to stick with fruit bombs.

Behrens Hitchcock and Relic.

In all seriousness during my short wine drinking history I have yet to taste a fruit forward Syrah, and it’s not like I’m actively avoiding them. Most syrahs I’ve tasted go great with barbecue.

Have you tried any Aussie juice? Australian Shiraz are often total fruit bombers to the point you have to lay them down for quite a while or you will feel like you had a punch in the tongue. And I do like fruit – for me to say that means there’s fruit fruit and more fruit.

Not sure how to describe some of the Walla Walla Syrah – very very concentrated. Fruit?

If you like big extracted Syrah you’d be hard pressed to find one that fits the profile better than Mollydooker’s Velvet Glove. Just a monstrously huge wine. FWIW, my singular outer body experience moment with wine was a Syrah from France I had at La Gavroche in London in 2015. I’ll be chasing that experience for the rest of my life.

a young Elderton Command