Jeff Leve's web site

This has become an excellent resource, and when I am looking for quick information, I have found it remarkably accurate. Although the tasting notes are not useful for me, and Jeff and I have clashed on various wines, the site itself is invaluable. Kudos to him for putting it together and just as important, keeping it current.

Agreed. I look to it regularly.

Divergent palates, but facts are facts, and he presents detailed information on the Chateaux exceedingly well.

Agreed that the Wine Cellar Insider is one of the best free wine resources on the Internet. Detailed, current, well-organized and useful.

Agreed. It is a fabulous site. I kid Jeff and he teases me, but I very much like and respect him. I go to his site a lot.

Agreed. Great website and highly valuable information

Great info indeed and FREE!

Regarding the estates, it’s a vast resource of knowledge and history, though I do not use it for the tasting notes.

I find Jeff’s notes usually quite accurate. He likes what he likes and calls it how he sees it. I do read them, even though we have varying tastes.

Yup its a good site, visit it quite a bit

From what I remember his notes are quite consistent…its just our palates do not align so I find little use for reference.

I wonder if we will ever agree on a tasting note- but credit where it is due, it is an incredibly useful site with a lot of important data that is not easily found elsewhere.

A while back, I needed to research the relative Merlot/Cab Franc composition of recent vintages of Vieux Chateau Certan. Almost everything I needed was right there on his site.

I love all the info in there, including the tasting notes, with which I agree more often than not.

Jeff is also good about tasting second wines, which I really appreciate, as my budget means I often can’t experience the top tier stuff.

Yes, great site! I feel Jeff is quite well align ed with Bob notes and style, which I find easy to calibrate with my palate…

add Jeff generally will respond to questions as he has done here and at the BWE board.

Jeff’s site is fantastic. The most detailed of any paid service. Sadly I’m not a huge Bordeaux guy but it offers superior content.

I follow Hercules there, by far my favorite section.

Agree… [welldone.gif]

It’s funny that everyone is heaping praise on Jeff and his site while trashing his palate. [snort.gif] newhere [drinkers.gif]

I think Jeff has a very good palate and describes wines very accurately. The fact that my palate doesn’t calibrate with Jeff’s does nothing to diminish his ability to describe a wine in a way that allows the reader to discern what it will taste like.

Jeff and Wine Cellar Insider are fonts of knowledge and Jeff is generous and fun to taste with. His notes are consistent and easy to interpret. I don’t mind admitting I like a lot of the wines he praises.

Neal

I don’t know if you have ever met Jeff or not, but I have had dinner with him a couple of times and think a lot of him. So, first of all, I like Jeff personally.

He and I often don’t like the same wines or the same type of wines. Fine. So, I don’t fine tremendous value in his tasting notes. I don’t really judge people on whether they like the same wines as I do. It is not at all trashing his palate to recognize that he and I don’t like the same types of wines. It is saying his palate and mine are different. There is a lot of subjectivity in wine and the idea of one Parker score being the “correct” score for all wine drinkers and that everyone else is wrong is pretty silly, don’t you think?

And, specific to your comment, look at his web site. Complete All About Bordeaux Guide to the Best Bordeaux Wines There is an awful lot of valuable information there other than tasting notes.