Caterwaul, new project from Rivers Marie with Regusci Vineyard fruit

Anyone have any information about this?

Nope, but I’m intrigued. Where did you hear about it?

I found this. - https://www.abc.ca.gov/datport/LQSdata.asp?ID=125940715

It was at the bottom of their “get your orders in” email today. First I heard of it. Regusci has some decent fruit.

Ha! I got that email and didn’t read to the end, as I’d already ordered. That’ll learn me.

Huh, I wonder why they wouldn’t bottle it under the R-M label.

For those interested this was at the bottom of the email.

PS: Amongst all the other happenings here at Rivers-Marie, we are working on the inaugural release of our newest project, Caterwaul, from the Regusci Vineyard in the Stags Leap District. Please stay tuned for further detail.

I’m not sure exactly what is out there in the ether, so I will be a little conservative on what I say here.

It is not a Rivers-Marie project per se, as it is a joint effort between Thomas & Genevieve and Matt & Alicia Hardin. Alicia’s maiden name is Regusci, Matt runs Barbour Vineyard Management. Both couples are friends and with the collective skill set & access to fruit, it made all the sense in the world to get together on something. The label is unlike anything I’ve ever seen, designed by Michael Kirts (husband to Maggie Harrison) and the wine itself is great. For those with a Vinous account, Antonio has given some impressions over there.

We are targeting the first week in October as the release date, the website & e-commerce are still being completed.

Any info on the price point?

the vinous review states $85 for the 2014 vintage and Not available for 2015

I just got the invite for these.

Inaugural Offering is Now Live - First-Come, First-Served
2014 & 2015 CATERWAUL ‘REGUSCI VINEYARD’ CABERNET SAUVIGNON
FROM MATT HARDIN & THOMAS RIVERS BROWN
AMONG THE MOST EXCITING NEW PROJECTS IN NAPA VALLEY - ANTONIO GALLONI
The farmer works to produce the best crop possible, knowing once it leaves their hands, they no longer have control. The winemaker, regardless of skill and ability, can only work with what comes through the winery doors.
Matt Hardin, a 6th generation Napa resident & farmer, is a partner in Barbour Vineyards, one of the most renown vineyard management companies in Northern California.
Thomas Rivers Brown, winemaker for some of Napa & Sonoma’s most iconic labels (Schrader Cellars, Outpost and his own Rivers-Marie), has more than 20 100-point wines to his resume.
Working together for many years over many different projects, a friendship was developed. Out of that friendship the idea of working together, utilizing the strengths of the other, Caterwaul was born.
2014 Caterwaul ‘Regusci Vineyard’ Cabernet Sauvignon
A classic Stags Leap Cabernet, the 2014 exudes richness, power and depth. Graphite, crème de cassis, lavender, violets, chocolate and sweet spices infuse this beautifully expressive, sculpted Cabernet Sauvignon. Chocolate, inky black fruits and a dollop of new oak add the closing shades of nuance. The tannins need time to siften, but there is plenty to look forward to. The 2014 is gorgeous. It’s as simple as that. – Antonio Galloni, Oct. 2016
2015 Caterwaul ‘Regusci Vineyard’ Cabernet Sauvignon
The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon is a wine that demands attention. Showy and voluptuous in the glass, the 2015 exudes richness in its inky fruit and overall soft contours. Crème de cassis, lavender, plum, violet and licorice shape this super-expressive, beautiful wine. As good as the 2014 is, the 2015 is shaping up to be even better. – Antonio Galloni, Oct.2016
Details
3 Pack - (2) 2014 and (1) 2015 Caterwaul ‘Regusci Vineyard’ Cabernet Sauvignon
$285, ground shipping included.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly at admin@caterwaulwines.com
Best — Matt & Thomas

Did Galloni give it a number rating ?

Got an allocation of this. Not certain just what to do. Except I did make an account.

Website needs a lot of work.

In for three but… :astonished: All name recognition at this point.

Order in. Easy decision here.

Took a 3 pack. Sub $100 TRB cab is worth a try

93 for 14, 92-95 for 15

+1

I’m in also.

Two packs here. 6 bottles.

ORDERED !