Pick a 1997 off a list...

Next month the wife and I celebrate the big 2-0 anniversary. Will be bringing a 1997 Vilmart Cuvee Creation to the restaurant, and will also order another 1997 off the list. Preferably a red to go with the bubbly, but could do another white, as I love whites! [wow.gif] Here are some of the options (as of June) from the list:

1997 White

Domaine Michel Neillon- Les Champgains $145
Domaine Michel Neillon - Les Clos St. Jean $155
Domaine Ramonet- Boudriottes $120
Domaine Leflaive Bâtard-Montrachet $495

1997 Red

Domaine Dujac - Clos de la Roche $490
Domaine Leroy – Fremieres $375
Comte de Vogüé – Les Amoureuses, 1er Cru $355
Comte de Vogüé – Musigny Vieilles-Vignes $325
Domaine Bertagna – Clos Voguent $315
Domaine Emmanuel Rouget – Echézeaux $555

but??..

1968 Heitz Cellar – Martha’s Vineyard $650

Your pick?

[cheers.gif]

97 Rouget, read up.

The 1968 Heitz Cellar Martha’s Vineyard for $650 in a restaurant is a steal…

the Moose.

Allegedly made by Jayer.

20th anniv. Doc…it’s got to be Les Amoureuses right? [give_heart.gif]

Maybe I can do a Fred C. take out? [whistle.gif]

THIS:
Domaine Leroy – Fremieres $375

good point.

+1

Congrats!

No love for Bordeaux or Napa Cabs? Both are drink great from that vintage.

Bordeaux 1997 great? [scratch.gif]

(I admit there are a few that are really good, but I doubt they are on the list)

I like the amoureses as well

Another vote for the Rouget Echézeaux. A steal for what it is…
Although the Amoureuses is also a great idea.

I wonder what´s the reason why the Musigny GC is less expensive than the 1er Cru (Les A.) - both Vogüé and both vintage 1997 …
[scratch.gif]

(typo?)

Brunello 1997?

What is up with that list? Those all seam like crazy cheap prices.

The 1968 Heitz Martha’s is one of the 3-4 best Napa Cabernets I’ve ever tasted. It’s been over 10 years since I last sampled it but it was in fine condition and I’d expect it still be just fine. That’s a nice list of Burgundies but the chance to taste the Heitz should not be missed.
DoctorJay

Go with the Heitz. If the bottle is good, you will have one of the great wine experiences, if it’s bad, the Rouget beckons.

Thanks all! I think the 68 Martha’s is the way to go. Best potential for a 100pt experience, especially with the 74 we had last year, and the nearly perfect 68 Pinot Chardonnay which stole the show, still fresh in my mind! And I think the wife would probably prefer cab over pinot anyway. Will check out the bottle first, then hopefully pull the trigger! Can’t wait! [cheers.gif]