TN: 2012 Boillot Clos de la Mouchere

Boillot boy, always a premier cru reaching grand cru level, no exception here–a super bottle of white Burgundy with citrus, good density and leanness, very taut. It will flesh out but drinks well now.

Charlie, he’s doing it again.

and I thought you were my friend.

Yes , agree totally , consistently one of my favorites in all of white Burgundy .
And according to JF Coche : one of the best terroirs in all ( white ) Burgundy .

That 2012 is such a killer vintage for them across the board.

I would have replied with a pun, but there wasn’t Mouchthere.

Love this wine. My wheelhouse. Over-delivers. GC at PC $.
For now. If you look around.
Thanks, Alan. Nice note.

Found a bottle of the 86 of this wine hiding in my cellar. Any chance it’s still alive? Only one way to find out.

Alan, you can thank me later…

Thank you Jerry.

Thanks for the note Alan. It would be a Boillotver if it wasn’t good.

Had a 2013 last weekend. Not too shabby either.

I thank you every time I open one; I’d thank you more if you paid for them. :slight_smile:

Love Clos de la Mouchere. . . opened a 2002 not too long ago - a hell of a wine. But the 2008 I opened 2 years ago, I felt was muted and wasn’t showing like I expected it to. . . hopefully was either an off bottle or just at a dumb stage.

Love this wine. A must buy every vintage. I just got my 2015s. Doubled down on 2014s, given the quality of the vintage for whites.

Chiming in with the love for this wine. Even the '06 is pretty good. Don’t recall having a '12 yet, but look forward to it.
Close race for me between Sauzet Combettes and this as the best PM 1er, what with Leflaive Pucelles out of the running nowadays. At around $100 less for the Moucheres, it almost doesn’t matter that the Combettes is better :wink:

What’ she the POX record on this producer? I was offered and purchased some of the 2015. I have never had the wine before.

David - generally good, but some patchiness based on what I head from others. 2008s seem to be more affected, as are some earlier years (04 and 02). Out of dozens and dozens of Boillots from '05 on that I’ve had, only one has been advanced: Criots '06 xmas last year. But that could well just be vintage and vineyard.

Opened my first of the stash of this tonight. Balanced aromas, none of the usual reduction, with apple pie and lemon flavors. Great length, finish, and always a favorite. Maybe not quite the intensity of a few older vintages but beautifully balanced.